Binned my MX5 into a hedge, page 4

Slartibartfast

So this is the story all about how etc etc now I'd like to take a minute just sit right thorre and I'll tell you about how I picked up a Eunos from Torre.

I roused myself at 8ish, zombied myself into the shower and then something approaching clothes, then was whisked to Southampton central in Bellatrix the FRV by my lovely wife with my popcorn eating son in tow too.

The train journey was fairly easy. Chatted to a couple going for a dirty weekend in Cardiff who'd started on the prosecco already. Then the train got boarded by a large hen party of the typical sort who were also laying into the prosecco. My overall impression of that first leg of the train journey was prosecco.

Switched trains at Salisbury, don't really remember anything about that journey but I did take this picture.

77abc4fcb396181ea834f8f4d746ad29.jpg

Oh yeah I completely forgot, it was somewhere around this point I remembered I probably should sort insurance and spent about a million years on hold to various people.

Then I switched trains again at Exeter St Davids onto one of *those* trains, the kind they only have travelling to and from holiday destinations whose glory days have long past. Lots of children on this train, all apparently headed to the sea side in the rain. It did have USB sockets though so it wasn't all bad.

I was met at the station by my main man xtriple in the car that was soon to be mine. I didn't take any photos at this point but my overwhelming impression of the car was that it was in incredibly good condition. He handed me the keys and I started acclimatising myself to a smol car with Japanese layout and an auto transmission, what with my usual car being a massive manual diesel van.

We then drove to his garage where I got to meet this

b37de43fa2b36fdf8df3cdbcdbf8f7a3.jpg

Which is all right as cars go, all things considered. Nothing special. *cough*not jealous at all*cough*

We loaded the extra bits into the boot of the Mazda and attached the hard top, complete with spiders which I didn't notice until half way into the journey. They were right above my head but quite chill about it, they didn't bother me and I didn't bother them.

We then drove in a spectacular two car green convoy in somewhat hoony fashion back to xtriple's gaff so we could have a cup of tea, sort the paperwork, exchange a quantity of dobloons and fuss his dogs. Again I WISH I'd had photos or footage of the drive. It was very OK as drives go.

Aforementioned doggos

22277da83c6a20d7cef564470aee99bf.jpg

1206dddd78af70f043b2159c9dee2a51.jpg

After the administration was sorted and the tea consumed we went for another moderate hoon in the Bentley for a spot of local dog walking, where we encountered locals, enjoyed the scenery and generally got fresh air and whatnot. I admired the interior of the Bentley, which was, you know, okay and stuff.

0f3148cb1002a47e7919d26f221ecc89.jpg

64da3557a3180de83c289fc87750b21c.jpg

b9c761b513f24fae16b69c41fe06fa43.jpg

de0408eb38d744f6b82413d582b8bf15.jpg

fb83e13eb4f9baedf8639a26d911b087.jpg

We took the scenic route back, then I sat in the driver's seat of the Bentley so I could take a picture and pretend I'd driven a Bentley, then we went back to xtriple's gaff again, said our goodbyes, did the secret Autoshite handshake as is tradition, forgot to take a woolarding photo as is tradition, and I drove home at sensible speeds officer, in a fairly uneventful journey. During which I used the wipers much more often than I intended because the stalks are the right way round.

Oh also obligatory pez station shot. I had to get a taxi to the pump. Did I mention my other car is somewhat larger?

And thus endeth the fable of my first every shite collection, and starteth the fable of my first ever sports car.cad423d9b963013a431fa15a4a6b4d1e.jpg8b82402cf318ae0ea3ac1399caee78c9.jpg6316f24921ba0ebef1e96f1da664143a.jpg335109691836fbe493de4a5c852966c6.jpg2fed98a06a9b358a2177d1dfd1c57135.jpg5f44ddbf2ef9bbbcfc8a9e2ab7c667a9.jpg093a4f771c3151c94efb175f60e4073c.jpgb8d62a9e3a3404861e6d402ed315b442.jpg

Glad you like it Wolfie old boy! We did play 'silly buggers' for a minute there didn't we :)  What sort of fuel economy did you get on the journey home? I have never been anywhere in it other than local so no idea?  I already miss the little sod, it's a cracking car nut, needs must and phoebe needs more space, I have already made enquires about its replacement, as mentioned to you, the ugliest Japanese 'sports car' ever made!

Are you scared to admit all that you did today while in 'sunny' Devon?

I put a full tank of pez in and had just over half left when I got back. It's about 150 miles according to Google maps. That's as accurate as I can be, I forgot to note the odometer reading before brimming it, so I'll have to do a more scientific calculation next time it needs filling.

I may have driven the Bentley a bit. Just a little tiny bit. Oof that car.

So this is the story all about how etc etc now I'd like to take a minute just sit right thorre and I'll tell you about how I picked up a Eunos from Torre.

I was at least three paragraphs into your post before I realised it was no longer to the theme tune of The Fresh Prince, yet I was still reading it as a rap.

Looking at your pictures has answered a question for me: the petrol station you visited has been closed for weeks meaning a frequent and long trip to another (fuel stations are in short supply in Torquay for some reason) garage while that one was closed and was still closed on Thursday.

It was a real pleasure to meet you today and it was proper fun wandering around wiv the mutts while I was educated about IT :) I wish you had accepted my offer of 'fish and chips' as I have been fancying some ever since but I am too lazy to go out and get some just for myself - anyway, greasy fat fish and chips is bad for Chester and his ever expanding waistline!

I really hope you enjoy 'Minnie' as she is a cracking little motor and I miss her already and I'm sure as soon as 'Mr Sun' gets his hat on, I will miss her even more :(  But, I need more space, two dogs do not fit in an MX5 properly whne one of them has to lay down all the time and the other won't sit still unless he has a window to hang his head out of.) but it's good that she has gone to a good home (it'd better be or I'll set the dogs on you!) and rest assured, now that I have sold  her, the prices of MX5s will go through the roof, whenever I sell a car, it becomes immediately more desirable and prices rocket! :)

Those two dogs in the inside picture perfectly capture my own personal experiences of owning such animals.

The Labrador (please edit as required) reminds me of my current dog, seems only really interested in his ball, probably won't give it back easily, spends most of his day waiting to go out and play with said ball.

The Springer (again edit as required) appears far more like my first Stafford (RIP Bella), happy to sit on the sofa/cuddled up all day as long as their supplied with love and food (generally the food you are eating) they're quite happy, no doubt simply able to use love and big eyes to obtain additional good that they're not REALLY meant to have. She did make 16yrs without too much trouble though so hopefully get extra eating didn't do her TOO much harm.

However, my two have never had the pleasure of being ferried about in a Bentley of such stature which their makes them and their owner, the coolest "crew" on the planet.

Awesome.

People laugh at the dogs when they are in the BGD, they have a window each and they both stick their heads out and enjoy themselves, Chester (who is a basset cross springer so you were close) occassionally raises himself while stationary to bark at a passing dog - not copious amounts of woofing, just the one, solitary WOOF as if to say: 'look at me you pleb, I own this car!: because as far as they are concerned, the Bentley is their birthright and I am merely their chauffeur!

Did you see that 'Rush' the movie was on TV last night? Typical.... :)

It will hapen with Ugly car, but I have been messed around by a twat on another forum who owes me LOTS of money so maybe not for a while :(  Why can't everything in life be as reliable as an Autoshiter?