Isn't it wierd....

Baz

....How a certain car can just "disappear off the radar" for ten years?

Case in point....

Posted Image

....The Peugeot 406 Coupe....Up until about a month ago, if someone had said "Peugeot 406 Coupe" to me, I'd have struggled to visualise what they were talking about!

Then, a few Saturdays ago, I returned to the Rover in Asda car park to find a silver example parked next to me, and I've been besotted ever since....What a beautiful car!

I've already managed to obtain some brochures, and hopefully after Christmas I'll look into trading the Rover for one! :D

Yes they are a very pretty car, pininfarina designed, they do look slightly 'under wheeled' in the way that the later Mazda 323 fastbacks do. I like the 407 coupe too, sooo much more handsome than the 'de gaulle' nosed saloon and the blergh inducing estate!!

Posted Image

I like the 407 coupe too, sooo much more handsome than the 'de gaulle' nosed saloon and the blergh inducing estate!!

Posted Image

Ooh, that's nice too....Far nicer than the repugnant saloons/estates, definately....Can't recall ever seeing one in the flesh though! :?

406 coupe = luuuuverly. 2.2 HDI dizzler is probably the best for MPG, but I wouldn't discount a 4cyl 2-litre petrol. The V6 scares me from a repair and maintenance perspective, frankly!

Yeah....It'll be the 2-litre for me....Is it wrong to want the Automatic?I think I'm turning into an old fart! :roll:

I agree. The 406 Koop is a lovely looking motah. The 406 sedan itself isn't a bad looking machine, since its demise Peugeot cars have become quite grotesque.The 306 cabriolet also classifies as one to keep in the proverbial heated garage, very much in same mold as the 304 Cabriolet. Nows the time to look for a good one.

I have to agree with you on this one Baz. The 406 Coop ranks, in my opinion, as one of the most attractive mass-produced cars of all time. 'Specially in dark metallic blue - could almost pass for a Ferrari 456 from a distance in that colour. Silver's good too - in fact I'd have one in any colour other than yellow. Trading the Rover in for one of those would make sense to me - apart from anything else, you'd then have a 100% Frog fleet.

Those 2-litre Koops are not very quick though. I recall "duelling" with one all the way up the A41 & onto the A1 one summer morning at about 5 am. Had him at every set of lights. Only when it got to the A1 did he get me back, but that was because I stopped trying. :lol:

Those 2-litre Koops are not very quick though. I recall "duelling" with one all the way up the A41 & onto the A1 one summer morning at about 5 am. Had him at every set of lights. Only when it got to the A1 did he get me back, but that was because I stopped trying. :lol:

What were you in?Baz I'm not sure how your 75 will be an obvious like for like swap with a 406 Coupe? Unless you have no requirement for a medium / largish saloon?!

What were you in?
BMW 318iS :twisted:

Baz I'm not sure how your 75 will be an obvious like for like swap with a 406 Coupe? Unless you have no requirement for a medium / largish saloon?!

I've checked, and the 406 Coupe has room enough inside for my needs (Taking into consideration that one day, I SHOULD have a Renault 20 aswell! :roll: ), and most importantly, a decent sized boot for the weekly shitload of groceries from Asda....The Rover isn't overly roomy anyway, in my opinion! :)