Van/Camper. Transit sized, MoT'd and capable of self-propulsion - Now Bought One.

83C

Big ask I know, but my circumstances may be changing a bit soon and I need a mega-cheap, yet roadworthy and MoT'd Transit-sized van, even better something fitted out as a basic camper.

Budget? As little as possible, certainly sub-£1k.

I'm not in a rush, I need something sorted by late April (so 4 weeks or so).

Anyone know to owt?

• 4 weeks later...

Update, I'm still looking for a van.

For family reasons it has to be something half-decent, the budget has improved to a maximum of £1250ish for the right machine.

Needs to be: Long Wheel Base at least. A jumbo would be even better. I'd also consider minibuses.

It's for a self-build camper project, as its for two adults and two small children to use occasionally for 1-3 night stays. It's also for myself to use regularly on my own. There's a few machines that look ok on eBay, but they're all miles away and seem to be being sold by chimps who can't converse properly. Crucially, the van has to have minor faults only. Nothing that requires major attention, cosmetics can be sorted though. Long MoT would be even better.

Over to you folks...

What's that Lucas thing that looks like a HT coil (but isn't)? (behind the blue 16 amp connector)

At a guess it's a capacitor to store charge and give you a massive belt when you touch the fucker.. I mean to cope with start up current draw on fridge motors etc.

That Transit would make a pretty tasty camper. The Ign coil looking thing is most likely a split charging diode, a device which cleverly ensures that both a master and auxiliary battery receive a wholly inadequate charge, I like the little Selmar mounted next to it, I wonder how that's wired in.