Tamworth's finest

nacho man

e4b1038676feaa6b79a9b579a04848f0.jpg

I want to try every car in the world, some of them just for a little bit, some for a long time.

I used to turn my big nose up at people who always bought the same marque or model, but here I am off to get something I have had twice before? Why? Who knows.

I have actually been on the hunt for e39 m5 and tried to have a look at a 928 but the guy was never ever available for viewings???

So in a rash deposit sending session something British from the 70’s hopefully should be making its way back to Derby sometime today.

It also hasn’t been on the road properly for 14 yrs, but just passed a mot, so it will be fine.

Transport today consists of 5 cyl and a turbo but only 88bhp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e4b1038676feaa6b79a9b579a04848f0.jpg

I want to try every car in the world, some of them just for a little bit, some for a long time.

I used to turn my big nose up at people who always bought the same marque or model, but here I am off to get something I have had twice before? Why? Who knows.

I have actually been on the hunt for e39 m5 and tried to have a look at a 928 but the guy was never ever available for viewings???

So in a rash deposit sending session something British from the 70’s hopefully should be making its way back to Derby sometime today.

It also hasn’t been on the road properly for 14 yrs, but just passed a mot, so it will be fine.

Transport today consists of 5 cyl and a turbo but only 88bhp.

cf40290e2b08daf6e658cc4678227ff5.jpg

Been back a hour so.

e75e04aeebe4dd70bffd8815c9f7c228.jpg

After stopping it ran like shit for five or so mins then cleared????

Apart from that was bob on.

As I said earlier I really wanted a e39 m5 as a blaster. But I always seem to get drawn to these old crocks. I was at work and spotted it for sale, and that was it I had to have it so sent £500 as a deposit as apparently loads of people had been after it. I was a bit worried I had been done by a Nigerian prince who was having a good night out on me. But all was good.

The guy was sound to be fair, it had been in storage since 2003 and was recently commissioned and passed its first mot in a while this feb, but has only done a handful of of miles since being bought back into the world. It’s had all new callipers, discs, pads, hoses and fluids. All the fluids were changed and new coolant hoses as well. It’s got some nice upgrades including a stainless tank, stainless exhaust, and has a stainless expansion tank located higher. It’s also had a recon engine from Graham walker and a clutch from them 17k ago.

The last se6 I had was a auto and I just didn’t like it as much as a proper shonky manual se5a I paid £1400 only a few years ago. This one feels dead lively. Overdrive works fine so is a good cruiser. First one I have had that hasn’t had shonky paint.

a666c6ba7ff65a3bd7d9559dd55a3c85.jpg

The weather was a bit hit and miss today with some mega blizzards then gorgeous sun.

f17052571b364e013c9fa62feafcd36b.jpg

The guy had a nice pad that had a nice view of Weymouth beach. So went for a quick walk around the town centre before we headed back.

962ac0fc2ed7d49961db6c87cbfbd81d.jpg

I didn’t take any tools or anything as I didn’t want to jinx it. But he said he left some bits in the footwell for me.

cfe0e5b25721263ce18e1a24f844d368.jpg

Luckily this didn’t put a gypsy curse on the old gal. I managed to pick up radio 4 on the radio but there was a lot of interference with anything and everything. The left hand window kept falling down a cm or so which made it sound like a hurricane was passing through. Also the heating didn’t heat much and my feet were bleeding freezing.

Don’t know what I am gonna do with it. Probably just do the odd jaunt in it, Mrs T has no interest in traveling anything made before 2014 so that’s rules out romantic trips to kfc and what not.

98472780429a424d439e686e88d67c6a.jpg

Also tyres are a bit passed it.

I always think these are the thinking man's MGB etc. especially in manual version. If you decide you need to get those romantic trips to KFC back in the diary and move it on, let me know!

She ain’t the best cook, and she don’t like football but apart from that she’s alright. Where on about moving Mrs T on here ain’t we.

I like the look of the 5’s more than the 6’s, they also seem quicker and more raw to me anyway. This one has a auto choke, is that some aftermarket add on? My other two have deffo been manual choke. I really wanted to get outside and go over it today buts it’s bleeding freezing and covered in snow.

f7a04148f992c95b7ae4ed91602bcbbd.jpg

Car going well. Except possible frost bite in my feet.

Didn't these have a reputation for high cabin temperatures and high underbonnet temperatures. It must have been mighty cold outside. It hasn't had the stat removed and a high capacity radiator has it ?. You can always go old Sokol and fit a radiator blind

Going to get a little battery cut off as it’s sat outside this and not sure if this is thatcham 1 or 2 it feels like a pencil would unlock the doors.

97c43bb3c4461eaadb513dfcfb8b7b9c.jpg

Also went out for a late night blast last night just because

baeb8126a428075c04aec73438ee5028.jpg

Mood lighting bitches.

a13c58193cb0f21610f89fc553f7f264.jpg

Fired her up early this morn and did another couple of hours driving into Derbyshire and back.

She can get a bit wayward when pushing on but I don’t suppose the ancient tyres help. Going to replace them with some nice rubber. Not sure what to go for though. Will have a look.

7503398c39deaa531562bf5b5c5a5bf7.jpg

f5b5b21981b66fe818322361535e3298.jpg

I have been reading through the history and at 90k it’s on it’s 3rd axle and 4th Rev counter!!! A women owned it for a good 15-20 years and it went in for everything, washers not working etc etc so I think some of the reason why its quite nice is that it had some loving.

I had a look behind the drivers footwell and the trunking for the heater had come off connected it back and ta da heat on my feet.

Lovely Jubly.