1983 OPEL SENATOR 3.0 straight 6 FOR SALE

FredTransit

This is from my Mk1 and Mk2 Transit forum, pics are to follow, and if there is any interest I can forward on the details

This is a light metallic green Vauxhall senator 3.0 top of the range with eveyrthing you could think of fitted.has green interior to and its very plush...........Story -the owner who retired from the NCB in 1982 (approx) bought it when it was 1yr old early 1985, it was maintained very well and he did everything himself, oil was changed every 2000 miles.it had 10k miles on it when he bought it and he put a furthur 30k miles on it between 1985 - 2001 when sadly he was diagnosed with alzheimers (sorry about the spelling) he went into a home and the car remained in his garaged 2001 until 2009, when sadly he died aged 90. so now the family would like to find the car a new home.on opening the garage the car was thick with dust but very dry, we put fuel in it and it started once we changed the rubber fuel pipes.I will be driving it out of the garage where its been since 2001 on thursday when I will be bringing it to my house, I maybe tempted with it myself, who knows.a few weeks before it was parked up it had 5 new tyres all to original manufacturers spec. all new fuel pipes (copper).I will be taking it for its MOT before it gets sold unless theres a good offer made for it in the mean time.I know this is the wrong place to advertise it, but your all a good bunch of people, and im sure some of you are vauxhall fansif there is any interest I will put pictures on thursday evening when i pick it up.its on a Y plate - HVX - - - Y

This is a light metallic green Vauxhall senator 3.0 top of the range with eveyrthing you could think of fitted.has green interior to and its very plush...........if there is any interest I will put pictures on thursday evening when i pick it up.its on a Y plate - HVX - - - Y

Please prey to god its a manual, if so let me know where its located and how mucho he wants... :D:D:D

It's actually badged Opel, so I have amended the title. here it is in all it's unwashed glory

as promised. i had a few details wrong like its an Opel not a vauxhall number plate letters are wrong too.

Its developed a misfire at the moment think it maybe the old fuel coming through.

Its not been washed yet sorry as it started hammering down and it looks stinking at the moment

enjoy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think the chances of finding a manual 3-litre are exceptionally slim...I had a manual 2.5 which was OK but the shift quality of these gearboxes is as bad as an 80's manual Merc, IMO. Green-on-green is THE colour combo to have, I had anthracite outside/grey inside which was dull by comparison!If the inner wings are sound around the suspension strut tops (difficult to tell from the photo), the electric windows and central locking work and the heater fan works on all speeds, it's a good one...

• 3 weeks later...