2CV SCAM - but how does it work please???

doubleyeller

Ok people, saw this advert on Gumtree, and it screams "Scam" to me - who in their right minds would scrap a 2cv as tidy as that. 

Soooo, every greedy bugger in the land will be on the phone looking to make £1k easy profit in a week

My question: how does the scam work? Can't work it out......

Here's the link

https://www.gumtree.com/p/citroen/1989-citroen-2/1290112914

They might just be a non car person and don't realise what it's worth? I love adeux cheveux but to most folk they'll just be awful cars. Or am I being too trusting?

I dunno, I mean I bought that Fuego Turbo off a guy for £100 because he just wanted the car saved, but this seems a bit TOO unlikely to me!

Well done Matt! Probably a case of "No idea what it's worth, so call it £500 mate. Send £50 deposit by Paypal, I've got 1000 other people interested!"  X  1000 = some serious foldage for the criminal. 

Moral of the story: Greed doesn't pay, and if you look to take advantage of innocence on the back of bereavement, you deserve to be £50 down!

Could genuinely just be that they have no idea what it's worth and can't be bothered to do their research, especially if they're caught up in the middle of an estate clearance.

I think as always if you call and they start asking for big deposit or payment in advance without viewing it, then walk away, but if you can go see it and they seem genuine then it could be fine.

could be one of his mates setting him up for tons of calls from random 2CV nerds

Ah, the troubled youth of today... my coterie would content themselves with just putting a mate's mobile number on the toilet door in the student union, with "Send cock pics plz", as a harmless, cheeky prank.

Happier, more innocent times... now these twisted junior psychopaths are messing with the 2CVGB club and all sorts. Playing with fire. Bring back National Service, I say...