Kia Magictits V6 (CLEANY UPDATE W/PICS 22/05)

fatharris

Looking forward to meeting you, just had a final swan around in the middle dollop, back brake is sticking slightly!  I have given it a severe talking to and a bit of a twatting with a hammer and it is currently behaving, blown the tyres up and tried to buy petrol, usual big station is closed to be refurbed and the other one is shut completely! Soon won't be able to buy gas at all round here! There is another petrol station on the way to the railway station which I shall attempt to purchase some motion lotion and see you (with mutts) at 5:15.

Snack update!

I've had three cups of tea and a chicken sandwich, all complimentary.

Going by train prices, I'm actually in profit against the ticket price by going first class :mrgreen:

Less than an hour to go. Haven't packed any tools or a phone charger with me, but I have confidence that the plucky Korean will prevail.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

It was a pleasure to meet Dave, he collected me from Torre train station, and we filled up. On the way back, we took a detour to see his Bentley, which resided in a nearby garage. Utterly gorgeous.

When we arrived at Dave's house, he showed me some recent receipts for work on the Bentley, which was a lot less than gorgeous, more eye-watering than I thought was possible.

Either way, Dave is a top bloke and a great seller, A+++++ WUD REKUMEND

Only issue that's reared its head is a sticky rear caliper so it'll be a gentle drive back with regular stops to allow cooling down. Can't knock that for £7!

Only turned my wipers one once by mistake so far!

Once you're used to it, every other RHD car will drive you up the wall.

There's a reason I had a eunos roadster, 323f and a kia pride, and it's not because I like bills for welding.

Well, I made it home!

Stopped off for fuel just outside my home village and re-filled the Kia up. With an average fuel consumption of 23.1 MPG, she's a thirsty beggar.

The sticky rear caliper seems to have eased off on the drive back, and the misfire made itself known, which was a minor inconvenience at worst but didn't hinder progress.

So, tucked up on the drive for the night, full write up to follow in due course!

Many thanks to Ken for organising the raffle, and Dave for the coffee and celebratory cigar - the mad bugger offered to put some fuel in it for me and all! :mrgreen:79c2f95430ab06b7c1d1a9de2cc1d66f.jpg57fcc012565ff90e72daae2b49f0d6e7.jpg

I got 31mpg out of a 954cc 104 on a gentle 200 mile run once - that also had a sticky caliper.  Can make a hell of a difference, even if it doesn't seem to be sticking on particularly hard (and would imagine it would be a lot less noticeable with 2.7 litres of V6 pulling you along rather than 45bhp of suitcase)..

No there is something wrong, I 'think' it's an injection fault. New plugs didn't cure it from its occassional bout of misfiring (only fixed by turning it off and back on again) but it needs a decent owner who cares enough to get it fixed (which was never me as I didn't care enough to wash it for Gods sake) and a code reader that cost more than a tenner! Obviously, the caliper isn't going to help.

It was a pleasure to meet you mate and I hope your good lady likes it, don't let er near it before you've cleaned the back seat though or she'll never go near it again!