Dollywobbler's Starlet - £SOLD

dollywobbler

When we were all at college and just passing our tests one of my mates had a Starlet in exactly that colour given to her by her nan. As me and her passed first, we were always taking turns driving each other's cars. Hers was a 5dr in pov spec but it did have power steering (which my corolla GT certainly did not have). It was honestly one of the nicest small cars I've driven to this day, lovely willing engine and dead nippy.

I ended up buying it off her about 5 years later when she was chopping it in for a brand new Ibiza. I parked it on the front with a sign in the window and it sold in an hour! Easiest car I've ever sold other than on here. Think I've some pics of it somewhere

Never mind all this waffle about small cars.... what's the story on the MK1 Datsun Bluebird just poking it's nose into the picture above? They are astonishingly rare now, and were a damn fine car.

It belongs to Nisfan who is on here but doesn't post regularly.

It spent 20 years stored in a lockup in Cambuslang and only came out when the lockups were due for demolition and the relatives of the deceased owner took it to a garage across the road and said "scrap this for us“

The garage owner put it on ebay and Nisfan bought it. I think it had 19k on the clock. 161bec5fdcf1a2d46a0bb1b08c736a48.jpgdecb87a01a53fdd070e223d53bd4ff50.jpgd575009022996e884a62ceda641f6349.jpg

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Not to takeover mr wobblers thread but the bluebird was on 25k and now on 33k

Indeed.. don't want to derail the thread, but my father had one of these in the Netherlands from 85 to 88, and it was a particularly rare 2.0i version. Went really rather well and was superbly well equipped. First car I ever saw with power mirrors. I still have the 3rd number plate that was made up for trailer duties some 30+ years later.

You should do the gumtree challenge...

Charge up your phone and bring AA card.

Drive Lexus to its new home

(maybe airbnb a night so you can get an early start)

Sit down in a Cafe with gumtree open and find the cheapest, least dodgy preferably Japanese car you can find, walk around newsagents/join those shit facebook car selling pages

Buy chod

Ring Hagerty

Drive home

Edit video

Write magazine article

???

Profit

Then when your back from Bulgaria with more exciting rammel, just bin the gumtree car/cheap roffle/fall in love and keep it for ever/3 months whilst debating getting rid of the Honda again before realizing you should never do that as applicable

Keep Honda as reliable backup car for boring work related stuff