Little Green MGF - oh balls.

purplebargeken

Well here we go. Again. This was mine maybe 3 years back? Maybe. Can't really recall as long time ago and I struggle with yesterday's memories. 

It went very far up North initially and then ended up with Jon (formerly known as dugong). Jon did some worthy bits and bobs to it and then something happened to it and it ended up in a barn on a farm for a while.

After a few hiccups the MGF was eventually pushed into the lock up that I rent from the local council and a list of jobs ensued.

A good clean was in order as dust and mud happened. The car looks very much as what it did when I had it, just a couple more bumps here and there, the one on the drivers side wing was the worst. Shame as it was a solid wing. Might try and repair or just replace, as bolt on. The front bumper was skillfully repaired (before my time) with a couple of cable ties, however, the spare bumper I bought is still around and will be collected from Peterborough as soon as. Better tyres in the correct size now grace the car which is also a bonus. One alloy is now porous, so will need to be sorted one way or the other.

The interior is pretty good still, just a general clean up will suffice. Tunz generator will be fitted along with a new ariel. 

The car has grown a hard top and whilst some folk enjoy these over the colder months, I find them a bit too claustrophobic and it will be removed and possibly sold on. Haven't looked at the floppy top yet, I hope all is well lol. 

The car will need the replacement starter motor and a temperature sensor fitting, a mate with a plan will help on that one.

The battery is a bit dead, I think I have a suitable spare. Jon mentioned a current drain. I can't remember if this affected the car when I had it or not. The usual culprits are:

Chaffed wiring in the loom that goes by the boot lid, or a duff ECU. Will search the loom. If not, then the battery will be disconnected overnight. This is an additional anti-theft device in the making.

Am really pleased to get the car back and to have the chance to get her up and running again. She was bloody nippy in the day and hopefully this will put a much needed grin on my chops.

Thanks to Jon for being so understanding :)

My bad, the battery wasn't toast. It was just disconnected lol. It's getting a good conditioning charge overnight though.

Tomorrow will see the rear wheel arch accesses to the starter motor get a good clean, makes working on stuff so much more agreeable.

I charged it up to peak before it went back in. You'll need to bolt it down again.

Soft top is fine.

Wing dent was caused by my landlord who dropped a fibreglass fishing boat against it.

He wouldn't pay for the repair or buy me a second hand wing. It should push out and hasn't broken the paint.

Getting a bit sick of having to apologise for the damage other people do to cars/vans in and out of my care.

Christ mate, that ain't necessary at all. I'll push the bugger out if I can't get another wing. A denty wing ain't going to hinder the return to the road/mot or other driving experience type stuff. 

It's annoying when people don't treat your car with respect and if they cause damage it is only right that they sort it. That sort of arrogance and ignorance boils my piss. 

Glad the soft top is good though. That makes me happy :)

Piccies will be forthcoming tomorrow :)

Most absolutely less dust and mud. Much less.

Bear in mind that when it arrived, I'd washed it as much as I could before the Karcher / unit pipes exploded. 

The weird grey splodge on the boot slam panel was where my face scar tissue mashed into it trying to push it out of the unit. 

No, no, no. This puppy ain't going anywhere.

However, if one would like a Mk2 Astra estate in June then step this way......

It's very appealing, being in the cheap tax band and a useful estate. I've always liked the look of these early MK2s.

Would sir be interested in an automatic Rover 600? Cosmetically 'challenged' but no rust anywhere, and drives brilliantly. Very reliable, and it's got the nice cream leather too. I'm just bored of it!