Mercedes roffle **collected**

Jim Bell

Not guilty. 2 owners before me sadly.

I think what happened is the paint they ordered ended up being the ‘accent colour’ (the bumper trim is a lighter colour) and they obviously did it themselves as the paint run is amusing.

It is for this reason that I will never attempt to spray any visible panel ever.

I dont know man, but speaking of laughs:

I had a quick smile at the Crobanian car wash today. At the shammy down station one of the lads tapped on the drivers window and said (this is a direct quote so it cant be construed as racist)

"Hey your herrial is so good cool ha ha ha"

I guess the eastern europeans (?) Appreciate a bit of coat hanger action.

SELF HEALING CAR.

I’m glad it’s still in the fold, and I can keep up with its exploits on here. Does the boss like it?

(Wife, not dog)

She "likes it" likes it but its not to her taste and is largely impractical for her needs. She really wants a 90s smaller engined and bodied japanese hatch and is saving up some shillings to that end. Once she finds something suitable, the old Merc may be looking for a new keeper, nice though it is.

Ok, as is usually the way, the world spins out at over one thousand miles per hour, the stars streak across the night sky and the universe presents something more appropriate to our needs.

A family member has this very evening offered Ms WW a haggared Focus.

post-5435-0-63813500-1522093686_thumb.jpeg

The missus is keen so a deal looks to be done.

As this classic C Class Mercedes Benz is on its hat trick for roffles, I though it only fair to re-offer it here, with a reduced ticket value.

In short,

Its a Mercedes Benz C180 W202 saloon auto with 130 odd thousand miles under its less than baggy belt.

MOT to 06/06/18.

Taxed and insured to drive away if you're sharp.

Tape player/radio with coat hangar ariel.

Touching cloth

Steel wheels with the best trims.

EW

EM

ESR

AC (working)

Sniper button for rear head rests.

5 keys. (two door and three door/ignition. Yes I went a bit mad in Timpsons, no I don't regret it)

Jenuine Mercedes Benz ridged overmats.

Previous exploits available here:

http://autoshite.com/topic/30177-live-collection-of-unsaleable-car/page-1

Full disclosure. I prefer to pick snotters apart so that a buyer may be pleasantly suprised on collection. i.e. I'm being picky:

Idle has previously been a bit cyclic in P or N when hot. Always been fine in D though (which it spends most of its time in).

Undertray is a bit wet, suspect coolant leak.

Expansion tank a bit rusty coloured on inspection.

Fan shroud is broken into pieces and has been screwed/gaffered back into a reasonably solid unit.

Accelerator cable might need further adjustment to optimise throttle response, though drives fine and kicks down on the flat switch as it should.

"bulb out" warning light on dash intermittent, but I cant find any bulbs out. Comes on and off.

Steering wheel is a couple of splines out of dead centre.

Funny rattle over uneven ground (not a clonk over bumps) which sounds like the exhaust or 2 spanners that have been left on the undertray. I would guess drivers side front.

I would drive her anywhere on the mainland, cruises lovely. Drove back the 170 miles from Glasgow smashing and on under £20s worth of tight fisted Scottish petrol money. Has proved stirling service for the missus on her daily commute (and will continue to do so until sold).

You all know the drill. HAMMER ACTION, DIGITAL CHUCK, CORDLESS and located in NORTH EAST ENGLAND, NE34.

Can pick you up from rail, bus or airports if you beat my sick note in the race to glory.

Rolls of the metaphorical 59 sided dice cost FIVE ENGLISH POUNDS. A donation to the forum running and hosting costs will be donated from the hat.

As a great and sexy toilet reading bonus, I will be including the LAST TWO issues of the Mercedes-Benz Owners Club (which I joined, costing £75) Magazine GAZETTE:

post-5435-0-28222300-1522095723_thumb.jpg