Mercedes roffle **collected**

Jim Bell

So glad you're back in the game.  It's like the good old days.

Oh - and has the radio done that thing when you go to turn it down, but instead it keeps getting louder until your ears are crying with blood?  

It's top keks.  

Not yet man, but thanks for the warning.

post-19618-0-56862300-1520451517_thumb.jpg

(ps - trick is to spin the volume dial quickly down)

I hope you love it, and it makes you happy.  I'd be surprised if there's anything malicious with that idle, as it was absolutely bloody perfect before I asked the garage to look at the response-less accelerator.  It was MEGA fast when I got it back, and it always felt like it was running away from you whilst at red lights etc.  I wound it back a bit, but maybe it needs to go further.  DUNNO.  

I know it was January, but I'm taking it very personally as to how NOBODY wanted it from me - and EVERYBODY wanted it from SRi05.  Maybe it was just a shit time of the year, maybe I'm just a wanker.

(to save a certain member on here the job - I'll just say it myself.  I'm a wanker).

Happy motoring.

Glad you made it home safe, cheers for the interesting bottle of POLAND VODKA.

The car has always done that rev thing, I only ever used drive and the footbrake so it never bothered me. It done it intermittently, would go to 2k revs and then calm down.

Also, as always when I move a car on I've made an arse of the v5, hit me with a PM tomorrow or whenever with the ref number on it so I can let the doovla know. Or if you want you can run up some SPEEDING TICKETZ

After a bit of local culinary mediocrity and a quick look around each others cars, we hit the road and pointed southways.

attachicon.gif20180307_160059.jpg

attachicon.gif20180307_163623.jpg

Everyone needs a wee stop once in a while, but only Pro's demand a WOOLARD STOP.

attachicon.gif20180307_164554.jpg

attachicon.gif20180307_164605.jpg

Canny charriats.

attachicon.gif20180307_164519.jpg

The Merc kept up with the MODERN MONSTER well enough. I really like this green machine. Its got its faults and the throttle cable/idling issues want looked at but its just got so much character.

Thouroughly enjoyed collecting it and running it down the hill. Cant knock the levels of comfort and the spec. The sound system/tape player sounds remarkably good, far better than I had any right to expect. Even the coathanger puts an excellent shift in as a radio ariel. Visibility is cracking, and its a nice simple, easy car to enjoy.

https://youtu.be/7CO6XVqWU4w

Many thanks to SRi05 and LoserOne for helping to put together a great day out.

attachicon.gif20180307_185304.jpg

Just made it home. Only 11 hours and 344 miles for this collection. I must be getting auld.

Is that the Scooby Kinkersaab was selling?

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Plan B.

Duck tape proposed and carried.

Can i just point out - the still of the First Aid box there........ I see the eyes of the dreaded car demon fukksakethisworkdyezterdaeubaztardfukkinthing - otherwise known as the demon of autoshite.

The SAAB is silver, I have adopted the colour coded version of said first aid tape as I is posher - I moved out of the NE a long way back dontyano!

Well gang, update for anyone wondering about Mercedes Benz cars of this vintage on Classic insurance:

The lovely staff at Peter Best will do classic limited miles if youre in the owners club.

My quote was highly reasonable and greatly affordable. Winner!

Now. Can anyone in the Owners Club lend me their membership number?

• 3 weeks later...

The old bus has been pressed straight into service as the dailly driver for the OH. So far its been smooth like good gravy.

Today was the first time Ive really had the car to myself so I gave it a good clean and ran it down the coast for some fresh air.

Looks canny in good light.

post-5435-0-78782300-1521904486_thumb.jpeg

post-5435-0-71944300-1521904509_thumb.jpeg

post-5435-0-05976100-1521904534_thumb.jpeg

post-5435-0-03577400-1521904562_thumb.jpeg

post-5435-0-86358700-1521904597_thumb.jpeg

post-5435-0-20266800-1521904626_thumb.jpeg