Daft tyre names

Split_Pin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'd consider some remoulds if only to wind the people up I work with, who already think I'm crackers.

What are they actually like? Are they useable enough for 10k worth of wear or are they likely to go all funny and the tread fall off? I genuinely would like people's thoughts on them here?

Only ever had Colways back in the early 90's - false economy is the best way to describe them. Yes they look nice and new but last about 5 minutes.. 

I had Davanti tyres on my rcz. And yes they were shit. Although same level of shit as the continental that were on the front.

Anywhere even slightly greasy and they gave up trying to calculate the coefficient of friction and just sat spinning like demented washing machines.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my Bongo on some chinese 'Hi-Fly' tyres, think it must have been imported on them as there was no date stamp on the tyres.

Saw some of them today but I think I've already snapped them - got these instead, with bonus grasshopper;

30626058738_1ec4424975_k.jpg20180905_154134 by RS, on Flickr

The hire vans we get are a goldmine for awful tyres.

• 1 month later...

I asked for tyre recommendations on the Barryboys forum, years back, and went for these on advice given then. There's probably a much wider choice available now, but I was certainly pleased with the advice.

They're not the sportiest choice but we drive on public roads so really extremes of grip is not the main point. We do, however, live in Britain so wet performance is important. I felt that Uniroyals work as advertised and behave very much the same in wet and dry conditions.

Tyres are so important to safety and handling, but at safe and normal road speeds there's probably no need to spend a fortune on premium names where a cheaper option will be 90% as good.

Ditto. There's four on the omega because wet grading is A

That plus traction control* seems to keep it all nice and sensible in the rain.

Only had it kick in once in 45k miles and I think I wasn't awake enough to have caught the slide that would have happened.