Not all Vauxhalls are shite. Please pay, roffle on Saturday!

purplebargeken

Sorry to have derailed this into the Beatles 

On the subject of the Pierburg, it's a piece of overcomplicated shite and needs binning, been there with a scirocco. I managed to get a working pierburg and didn't dare touch anything on it but believe the rubber gasket that joins it to the inlet manifold split's and is the only easy fix, I'd join some VW foums and see if there's a Weber sitting on a garage shelf  as I recall being offered a few when I was looking

It occurred to me just that I may still have that same carb! I grabbed it back off my mates car just before it got scrapped. As you can see there really isn't much to the adapter plate I made.

KIOlPLv.jpg

1fBHpXa.jpg

You need to use countersink headed bolts under the carb to bolt it to the manifold. Because Autoshite that is indeed an ancient chamberpot in shot too ;-) I found it in the mud in a local brook!

X5b3gIt.jpg

If you have access to a plasma cutter and a pillar drill you could easily make one in a couple of hours. Or probably more than double that if you only have access to a grinder, drill and a file. As you can see this is rough and ready as it was just a quick fix for a mate.

This was on an 1800 and tbh it fucking flew after fitting it compared to the Pierburg rubbish. Keep that double barrel open for long tho and your economy will plummet.

2. Tam (random)

4. fiat4alfa

6. The Moog (random)

7. primeradoner (random)

8. Cavcraft

10. Bucketeer (random even number)

12. Cavcraft

14. Tamworthbay (random)

17. djoptix

20. The Moog (random)

23. RobT (random)

27. The Moog (random)

29. fiat4alfa

34. Stephen01 (random)

35. Cavcraft

36. The Moog (random)

37. primeradoner (random)

39. catsinthewelder (random)

42. 83C

44. Cavcraft

45. Cavcraft

46. The Moog (random)

47. fiat4alfa

49. djoptix

51. Cavcraft

56. Tam (random)

..the only fly in the ointment being their propensity to rot out of sight.

I worked with a guy who spent an arm and a leg on a calibra 4x4 turbo and then found out the rear chassis legs had schlepped away. He cut sections out of a car in the breakers to graft onto his.

Same with a Lancia Beta I had, solid everyhere else, but had to have the whole rear inner arch let-in from a donor.

Funny how those Vauxhalls don't get the same rust reputation folklore coverage from pub experts (that now lean at the big bar named facebook)