I can Haz more Vauxhall shite, New Wheelz

sutty2006

Well as some of you have noticed, the Chavalier has now gone to its new owner, which can only mean one thing. The new ride is waiting, and the current owner wants it gone before his neighbours OMGSHITMYSELFTOOMANYCARSONROAD. So we have brought the collection forwads to tonight, instead of tomorrow morning.

The steed for tonights journey, is mrs Suttys reasonably priced company car. The car we are collecting you ask? Well, that will be a secret until we get there..... but i'll give you a clue..... its an early ninetys rep mobile that wasnt very popular with the reps. Have a guess, maybe win a cookie? We set off in 45 mins........

post-17429-0-04124900-1519839777_thumb.jpg

Unpopular early 90s repmobile?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMCFeoR9oSg

Can I have a biscuit instead of a 'cookie'?

:-D

But it's a Vauxhall... hmmm.

Belmont?

I genuinely feel sorry for that bloke, even now.... my heart sank for him as I watched that haha. But alas good sir, no biscuit for you!

Tonight’s return journey entertainment...... from about 20 years ago. Not sure which I’m not looking forward to first.

112 Rock n roll greats - How did they get all that onto a C90 cassette??

Yeah, gotta be an Astra Belmont, hasn't it?! An old school friend's neighbour has a red 1.8i CD model. I thought it looked feckin' ace.

Well we have made it home in one peice. The leaky fuel return pipe didn’t blow off thanks to a quick cable tie bodge on the road outside sellers house. Drives absolutely fantastic and it doesn’t hang around either. Proper land yacht. The fella I bought it offs wife used it to go to work which was conveniently a vauxhall garage down the road, so I stopped for a quick photobomb on the way home. My photo skillz aren’t the greatest.

post-17429-0-21187900-1519858118_thumb.jpeg

Well done that man! Saw this on ebay did you pay the extra for the scene alloys or opt for without? Just seen the above pic so think I've answered my own question. :-)

My uncle had a K reg 1.8 pez pov spec Carlton estate. Had to make a complete new under dash loom after it caught fire due to a previous owners bodged stereo wiring install. Wasn't a big deal for him as he electrician by trade. He loved it though despite that and it never gave he any other bother.

I think these Carltons are underated in none GSI / Lotus spec.

Carlton diesels...a 2.3 and a 1.8 if I remember correctly?

Was one of them naturally aspirated for proper misery?

Nicely bought. They're very rare now but oh so handsome.

Only a 2.3TD in this form. My last 2.3TD may as well have been a N/A as the turbo was broke.

Is that the pov Carlton that's been on eBay for a fair while?

Yep, its been up for sale a lot last year and I wanted it back then at over double the price. The last owner bought it as a stop gap over Xmas while he had his van fixed. Ever such a nice bloke and his mrs was equally as plesant.

Yes I opted out on the alloys, the tyre profile was way too small and saved £200 on the purchase price. This ones a keeper. it drives mint and does well to keep up with modern traffic. 8)

I Sold Vaxhalls 1991-1994 which included the Carltons, I never sold one to a rep always a Manager!

We never sold that many Carltons compared to Cavaliers and mainly CDXi and Diplomats. I never actually sold a new “L” and in Nov 1992 the limited edition Club was introduced based on the L with fancy trim, met paint, alloy wheels and roof bars for the estate that was more popular as it looked good and had most of what you needed.

I was allowed to choose my own car and usually put a Cavalier CDi on the road for myself, but I popped one in a ditch and did a fair amount of damage so my boss the dealer principal said he would choose my next car. As the group MD had taken the piss out of me it seemed it was not a disciplinary matter so I guessed I would get a basic Astra for punishment.

The day came for my new car, my sales administrator had been sworn to secrecy so it was a complete surprise when I was presented with a brand new Satin red Carlton 2.0i Club estate, it seems they did not hate me after all!

That was followed by a black met Carlton Turbo Diesel Club estate and a Frost blue 2.0i GL Auto saloon before I moved on. I always enjoyed the Carltons and Mrs6C absolutely loved the styling of the saloon.

post-4787-0-68599300-1519898906_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-40943400-1519898994_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-89409000-1519899013_thumb.jpg