Discovery 2.5TDi P reg - spears or reapers

purplebargeken

P reg Disco, manual. 5 door jobbie in blue.

Inside is reasonable. Engine is good, nice engine and good gearbox but the clutch is slipping and the pedal has jumped to it's death on the floor. Poss clutch are but could be anything. Budget for a new clutch. Doesn't drive, so will need trailering.

Bodywise is a bit tatty. It is rusty where the body mounts onto the chassis by the front wheel arches. Back end isn't too bad. 

Car Take Back have offered £250, so it anyone wants it then £275 or so would get it. MOT till June or July. 

Location is Enfield EN2. Please pm me if you are interested. 

Photos tomorrow :)

purplebargeken, on 27 Feb 2018 - 12:51 PM, said:

P reg Disco, manual. 5 door jobbie in blue.

Inside is reasonable. Engine is good, nice engine and good gearbox but the clutch is slipping and the pedal has jumped to it's death on the floor. Poss clutch are but could be anything. Budget for a new clutch. Doesn't drive, so will need trailering.

Bodywise is a bit tatty. It is rusty where the body mounts onto the chassis by the front wheel arches. Back end isn't too bad. 

Car Take Back have offered £250, so it anyone wants it then £275 or so would get it. MOT till June or July. 

Location is Enfield EN2. Please pm me if you are interested. 

Photos tomorrow :)

Unless it's pissing out clutch fluid, the clutch pedal on the floor means that the clutch pivot has punched through the centre of the clutch fork, it's a gearbox-out job to fix it.

See the very first pic in my Disco thread to see what it looks like (there's a pic later on in the thread that shows the cure): http://autoshite.com/topic/18001-john-fs-discovery-300-tdi-thread-edited-to-replace-missing-photobucket-pics/

Unless it's pissing out clutch fluid, the clutch pedal on the floor means that the clutch pivot has punched through the centre of the clutch fork, it's a gearbox-out job to fix it.

See the very first pic in my Disco thread to see what it looks like (there's a pic later on in the thread that shows the cure): http://autoshite.com/topic/18001-john-fs-discovery-300-tdi-thread-edited-to-replace-missing-photobucket-pics/

Just what I was going to say.

You can do it yourself with two trolley jacks, but it's not much fun. Mine was made easier by the 2" lift & 3" oversize tyres meaning the car was high enough when stood to drag the box out from underneath.

• 3 weeks later...