1994 poxhall chavalier 1.7D full misery spec SOLD.

sutty2006

Ok, tenner a ticket...50 tickets? Not done this before so let’s see what interest we get.

if you're after £495 for the car, with 59 tickets on offer, that works out at £8.39 a ticket. If you made it an £8.50/ticket roffle (and hence £501.50 total sale), you may well get the tickets sold somewhat quicker, as an £8.50/ticket roffle sounds a lot more appealing than a £10/ticket roffle. Dunno why, it just does. Something about it being *under* a tenner no doubt.

Not that the car isn't worth £10/ticket. The amount of work you've done on it would suggest that £590 isn't unreasonable at all. Totally your call of course!

Have to confess I thought these were all Bosch equipped, but to be fair there can't be many on here who know as much about fuel pumps as yourself.

A mixture I think like XUDs. You can see the pump at the front of the engine, it looks like a Lucas

The non-turbo pumps are a little harder to identify as easily, but that accelerator lever arm definitely looks very Lucassy. But if you plan to just run on dino-diesel anyway, the Lucas pump is a little more sophisticated and can (sometimes) give slightly more OMGEMMPEEGEES compared to a Bosch pump. The Bosch pump is just *much* more tolerant of fuel viscosity.

It's also entirely possible to run a Lucas on 100% veg, you just have to have a quite complex twin-tank system with heat exchangers and fuel heaters to allow you to start on diesel, then swap over to Veg once it is up to temperature. The bind is you have to remember to change back again to run the system full of diesel again before you stop, ready for the next cold-start. Which it's very easy to forget to do, and then the next attempt to start results in a FTP and possibly a pump going twang.

if you're after £495 for the car, with 59 tickets on offer, that works out at £8.39 a ticket. If you made it an £8.50/ticket roffle (and hence £501.50 total sale), you may well get the tickets sold somewhat quicker, as an £8.50/ticket roffle sounds a lot more appealing than a £10/ticket roffle. Dunno why, it just does. Something about it being *under* a tenner no doubt.

Not that the car isn't worth £10/ticket. The amount of work you've done on it would suggest that £590 isn't unreasonable at all. Totally your call of course!

Yes I'd be in for another number if it's 8.50.....phycological 10 pound barrier lol

I'll have a ticket. Just one though, and if I do win, I'll be offering it back up to anyone who actually wants it instantly. Still haven't done anything sensible with the Rofflewin Xantia, and I think another car on the road outside the house would be taking the piss somewhat.

I'm afraid.

I'm afraid, that I'll break Forum etiquette by suggesting, I'll buy 3 tickets but only if it's £6 for 3 - I've valued this at a smidgeon over £118 and I think if you divide by 59 that's erm £2 a pop. and VERY fair my offer is too. 

KruJoe, on 25 Feb 2018 - 7:54 PM, said:

One day I'm gonna have a Mk3 Cav or Astra.

Does this one come with PAS?

Cav Mk 3 is highly recommended. The SRi gives you Recaro seats (easily the best seats I've ever had in a sporty* car), a close-ratio gearbox and a faster steering rack – worth having if you can find one.