I'm genuinely not surprised it's bent and it sounds like your suspension is doing something very odd. That sort of damage is almost impossible to fix without serious time and/or coin invested and tbh at the moment, you can still get a good one of these for not a lot. I'd draw a line under it, save whatever you can that's of value and replace it with a better one. Rubbish that it's happened but I seriously wouldn't go sinking money into repairing this one. If it happened to mine, as much as I love it, that would be game over for it.
It's just that there probably isn't a better one out there - not to my personal biases anyway! (see below). Definitely it is one of those cars that grows on you - and SWMBO absolutely loved it, she was even talking about buying a new hood for it.
Totally agree that it's not worth sinking coin into. It's just a shame because:
1) it's first year of production (1992)
2) Unusually, It's got the K series 1.4 (which has managed a staggering 155,000 without OMGHGF)
3) It had just had a new clutch, distributor, leads and plugs, etc
4) It was spotless rust wise
5) Yes there's plenty about but they've all got the Honda 1.6, hideous series 2 grille, a leaky hood and OMGHGF just round the corner
She was the only decent one of these I ever saw at affordable money