Maestro Clubman Diseasal - any interest?

Saabnut

I am not advertising this for sale yet as I do not have my sticky paws on it yet, but before I go to the hassle of getting it I thought I would see if there is any interest. If not it may be easier just to bridge it, but it would be a shame etc etc etc.

The story so far: My friend, who is one of the best mechanics I know, bought a Maestro Clubman Turbo diesel with OMGHGF many years ago. Eventually he pulled the head off, checked for flat and all good. A new HG was fitted and engine loosely assembled before an emergency dash to the hospital with his daughter (in his other car) put things on hold. Several months later he returned to the car and completed the re-assembly and started it up. All seemed fine, but sadly the one thing he had not done was torque down the head, it got missed in the upheaval. A test drive later and 5 miles down the road, yep, OMGHGF once again. The Maestro was put in the garage to await a better mood....

Over the years since, he has gained a good non turbo diesel engine, and also a good turbo diesel engine, although he is convinced a new gasket in the original engine would also cure it. It was MOTed when put away, but that was several years ago. He is just putting his house on the market so he has to empty the garage and was going to scrap the lot, but I said I would see if there was any interest here first. Weighing it all in would net him about 200 quid and the yard is about 2 miles from his house, which is about 50 miles from mine. Would there be any interest in it for about 300 quid to make it worthwhile him bringing it up, to include the spare engines? I am not looking for a commitment as I have no photos, nor have I seen it for many years (I think it is red!), but if there is some interest I will get it here and take photos etc. If there is no interest, it will go for scrap, which would be easier!

Can I be the first to suggest roffling this at the Northern Extremities Shitefest 2018 and then the lucky winner can literally drive it home, creating all sorts of logistical hilarity?

Also, two engined Maestro Clubman for double the 1990s Company Car Driver disappointment.

[from another forum, tickled me]

Since this programme was first aired back in 1994, I am guessing he became depressed and left his firm (either found a another job or was likely fired), and the whole Maestro episode put a strain on his marriage and his wife went off with someone with a Ford Sierra Azure special edition. In the meantime, he became an impersonator of DC Jones from Minder although soon stopped when he realised that the character occasionally drove an even older Montego 1.6L. See, he just can't win!