Range Rover P45? - it's hot.

drum

Back in my landrover owning days I read an article in one of the magazines about a garage owner having one of these with a liner issue. Economic write off in other words. He managed to "fix" it with k-seal and ran it for several months before selling it on. The new owner got it £cheap and knew the story with the engine and 18 months later it was still running. He applied the k-seal in the following way IIRC. Drain coolant, disconnect top hose and dump 2 bottles of k-seal into the hose so it goes straight into the block and it's not sitting in the expansion tank doing SFA. Fill up coolant and bleed. Run the car at idle for a whole hour with the cap off the expansion tank so no pressure builds in the system. Fit expansion tank cap and cross fingers. Got to be worth giving a go??

I think the garage chap believed the secret to his success was to leave it idling with the cap off long enough to let the k-seal do it's job without coolant pressure blowing it out from where it was needed. I think he let it fully cool down afterwards too to let the "magic" set before risking running with pressure in the system. Even with the steam escape you should have loads of sealer left in your system. I'd try leaving it idling for an hour with the cap off then let it cool fully and try another test drive. Other than the £10 in fuel it'll probably chew through idling for an hour it won't cost you anything.