nissan primera 1.6 si.

taxi paul

Well after , moaning yesterday about changing my jap bus to something a bit more classy. I took all the advice and heeded mine about two cars and insurance. So obviously the sensible thing was to buy this. Popped up local last night on facebook. 82, 000 miles giffer owner. Said it overheats but he has fixed it. So needs a few bits has we go along . Mot for a couple of weeks. Clutch feels high. We shall see. £200.00 english pounds. Couldnt chip him down because more money than sense. Anyway we shall see. Insurance is cheap.

post-19805-0-34004600-1519049353_thumb.jpg

post-19805-0-38007000-1519049365_thumb.jpg

post-19805-0-29887700-1519049379_thumb.jpg

post-19805-0-41629200-1519049402_thumb.jpg

post-19805-0-92562800-1519049415_thumb.jpg

I love these, great fun to rag the engine without going too quickly!

They go quickly enough around Scunthorpe Raceway if you disable the rev limiter. Early P11s are the best cars IMHO Rear drum brakes and 14 inch wheels so cheaper tyres. If you need any bits whatsoever give me a shout I will probably have them. (username might be a clue)

.They are splendid cars, I had a 1992 P10 1.6 for nigh on ten years and it always got me to my destination. It eventually failed the MoT with rust and other issues so it got sold to a breakers who were going to banger race it, sob. That said I bought from a friend who raced on the ovals and I was a banger mechanic so it was kind of fitting. The replacement was, yes another Primera, this time a W plate 1,8 Sport that I have owned for about 6-7 years now. Just remembered, I've also got a 51 plate 1,8 estate sitting on the drive, not sure whether to break it or try and sell it. A few pics of the P10 and its P11 replacement. 

Ready for its last journey.

post-20719-0-93773400-1519070907_thumb.jpg

Mainly because rot.

post-20719-0-88236500-1519070932_thumb.jpg

Final destination

post-20719-0-27894100-1519070973_thumb.jpg

The replacement

post-20719-0-30620600-1519070993_thumb.jpg

My last one was the same colour has yours. W803 DKC . He said he had bled it which seemed to do the trick. I shall have a proper mooch around tomorrow and make sure fans are kicking in and stuff. To be fair he parked it up when he got a 57 plate 5 series.which he is now swapping in for a cash cow because it's "shite". It will need a bit if work. But if I can get 12 months mot and a trouble free year I will be happy.

Is the engine a GA16DE? I had its smaller brother the GA14DE in the Almera, much like Dodgy Spears and Tyres Mum's one. It's a great engine which did 150k no problem, with regularly being taken out to 5500 rpm in 2nd and 3rd gear and it lapped it up.

It ate the thrust bearing in the gearbox (possibly due to being revved out) at 140k but the engine was perfectly happy, used no oil or coolant and was a piece of cake to work on - access to all the important things was top notch and its a duplex chain cam for added win. Change the oil.

It got run into the back of once, but the killer blow was. The bodywork rusted out and it needed an entire new exhaust, 4 tyres, and something else which was going to cost the thick end of £500 to sort so we scrapped it with a heavy heart. The best car I've ever owned and was bought as the cheapest stop-gap car we could find when I got a new job yonks ago.

I remember CAR magazine visiting the plant and setting a journo to work in the production line. Looked to be serious business, nobody was mucking around and professionalism levels were through the roof.

As I recall the journo cross threaded a suspension mounting bolt and for a while it threatened to have scrapped the whole shell.

Really interesting article, wish I'd kept it

It is really comfy which was the plan. I loved my Celica but being a two door wasn't much use for the kids. This is ideal. It will probably get a few pounds thrown at it and I shall service it . I will get some new wheel trims just to please Simms OCD.all this will mean spending more than what it's worth ,then swapping it at a loss for something else. Making money on cars is so over rated. Has anyone on here actually made any money.

Well today was spent looking at this overheating lark. Spotted small keak on radiator . So drained system . Apply radweld and new antifreeze. Refill and spend an hour bleeding and pissing about. Finally nice warm heater and all hoses toasty hot. So I shall keep an eye on the level now and see. Starter motor is crap though. Charged battery up and still dead slow turning.

Well today was spent looking at this overheating lark. Spotted small keak on radiator . So drained system . Apply radweld and new antifreeze. Refill and spend an hour bleeding and pissing about. Finally nice warm heater and all hoses toasty hot. So I shall keep an eye on the level now and see. Starter motor is crap though. Charged battery up and still dead slow turning.

Keep an eye on the water pump. If the car stands idle for a long time they tend to start leaking. We always replace them on cars destined for the oval. They cost under £20 on ebay and take about half an hour to change.

I've got a load of Car mags in the garage, don't suppose you can remember a rough date, be happy to post the article up if I have it but don't fancy looking through 10 years worth if I can avoid it!

I remember CAR magazine visiting the plant and setting a journo to work in the production line. Looked to be serious business, nobody was mucking around and professionalism levels were through the roof.

As I recall the journo cross threaded a suspension mounting bolt and for a while it threatened to have scrapped the whole shell.

Really interesting article, wish I'd kept it