Anyone feeling brave?

Magpie215

"Good morning Halfords, Gary speaking, how can I help?"

"Hi, yeah I need an oil filter for a Zafira, have you got any in stock?"

click brrrrrrrrrrrr

"Hello? Hello?"

And I would imagine that's what parts supply will be like

I wouldn’t expect Halfords to find a correctly matched part for a modern daily, let alone a JJ.

Didn't 'GrumpyNorthener' do a not half bad job (blueforum??)

Spares are 'held like land title', by those in the circle and distributed to the worthy...

If you have a car, show willing to get it back on the road, and are trusted not to 'flip-it' [not probably the most lucrative use of 4 years of a life!] parts are around :)

TS

Didn't 'GrumpyNorthener' do a not half bad job (blueforum??)

Spares are 'held like land title', by those in the circle and distributed to the worthy...

If you have a car, show willing to get it back on the road, and are trusted not to 'flip-it' [not probably the most lucrative use of 4 years of a life!] parts are around :)

TS

I was just going to say the same thing. Probably not using the same words

One’s too many, ten’s not enough!

Me! Me!

Me!

(Is what I would like to say).

Years ago I had my heart set on a Jav but nowadays I feel indifferent towards them. They are thoroughbred cars with racing pedigree and had impressive performance as alluded to. Spares are not a problem for any Jowett model thanks to the efforts of the Jowett club and their native Yorkshire grit. The early models were very troublesome and prone to snapping crankshafts, early engines also had hydraulic valve lifters but these were soon deleted. I do not think any car will still be around with these faults as from the PD series onwards all the problems were ironed out. The body is Gerald Palmer's work.

If the advertised car has its running gear that is a bargain.