Fr Teds Thick as Pigshite Question Time

Father Ted

What the hell is the difference between Fords 1300cc Duratec and the 1300cc Valencia engine - as far as I can tell they are both Kent lumps with plastic bits.

are you thinking of the 'Endura' engine that was in Kas etc? I think you mean that not Duratec. I'm sure the endura is a valencia job with some extra electrical gubbins on it.

What the hell is the difference between Fords 1300cc Duratec and the 1300cc Valencia engine - as far as I can tell they are both Kent lumps with plastic bits.

are you thinking of the 'Endura' engine that was in Kas etc? I think you mean that not Duratec. I'm sure the endura is a valencia job with some extra electrical gubbins on it.
Enduras were fitted in the frowning face fiestas (Mk 4 \ 5?) and the original Ford Kas. They were OHV with single point injection and a catalyst. 59 brake from 1299 ccs - PHEAR THE POWA. So aye mr B, Enduras are tarted up Valencias.The later original Ka then got an OHC engine and the SportKa had a 1600.How you only get 92 brake from a 1600 engine in this day and age when my Celeste had that in 1978 on carbs is beyond me, but hey, this is Ford we're talking about.