unfucking believable!! I'm a bloody jinx! is this daily driven shite really the best car I've ever owned??!!

Faker

There is a very tidy T reg one in metallic blue in my street, sadly seeing lots of empty water bottles on the passenger seat means one thing, Skoda Rowenta syndrome. I had a special edition Magic that managed nearly 60k in less than 4 years, omghgf, and the mrs hitting something that damaged a driveshaft saw it off. Getting rare now, another car that seems to be simply vanishing

Great little cars. I had a 1.9 oil burner, reg T512OGA. Massively economical, interior trim was a bit flimsy feeling but was comfyish for my large frame and I owned it for about 6 years, probably the longest I've ever owned a car for.

Scrapped as the costs of repairing the jobs that it needed was going to be around £300-400 - needed brakes all round including hoses discs and drums (plus a section of metal pipe was looking iffy), dampers all round, front suspension bushes, a headlamp unit, wheel bearings were what I knew were going/gone on it.

Rare sight now, keep it going for as long as you can!

Dad's crash repair garage had one of those Felicia's as a hack in about 2005.  They "modified" the tray to take a larger capacity battery and it could not be killed, despite extensive abuse.  It was dead basic; wind up windows, no central locking but it was 100% reliable in all situations.  They loved it.

When I had one of each. Felicia was much quieter and had PAS, but the Fav had proper lowered springs and handled bloody well, both would just scrape the ton, miss em both, that was actually my 3rd Felicia, having owned a mk1 1.3 GLXi, and a cube 1.9D van. If I could find a decent Felicia at the right money again, I would, Skoda got that car pretty much right, just the HGF being the only real issue with the 1.3

post-5211-0-04043700-1518556865_thumb.jpg

I've bought my daily...twice... and made a profit on it! It's that good! (Not a Skoda) Reliable old boats are the gift that keeps on giving, the whole year round. But of course, behind these cars are the owners who must be commended for their hard work, precision maintenance and constant fettling to ensure it keeps eating the miles.

My 2 pictured were both sold by the same main dealer, and still sported the dealer stickers & number plates, sadly they are no longer main dealers, my old Fav has been spotted in Norfolk not that long ago too, miss it, with it's comedy side exhaust made from scaffold pole, and it only cost me a hundred quid with 8 months MOT, yeah I spent a few hundred on running repairs, like a new starter motor, welding, new rear wiper motor, and spare wheel, but 2nd hand bits were cheap, and most things were DIY, I repaired the very saggy parcel shelf with a bit of 1x1 timber and wood screws, and did around 10,000 happy miles in the time I owned it, my mum liked it as it brought back memories of her Favorit LXIe, which she replaced with a brand new Felicia, I do think these cars do get in to your blood when you own them, swmbo really liked that Felicia Magic, we even got given a decent JVC CD player for that after doing a favour for a neighbour, and it was plug & play. I would say the modern equivalent to the Felicia is the Dacia Sandero

Belter. If I were after another smallish hatch for buttons, it'd be one of these.

Was it supplied by Philip Petersen in Bangor when new, to your knowledge? North Down plates suggest it started life at the end of my street.

Not sure chief. It's got SERE dealer stickers and plates...

Temperature sender switch to the fan acting up, maybe? Mrs DC's Yaris has the same issue, intermittently...

But yeah, old cars love to shit on you from a height at the first sign of affection - this is why I hardly ever wash mine and make dire muttered threats about T-Met's weighbridge whenever they start arsing about. Usually, it works.

Hope you get something sorted!

LOL an dat! I just threw £180 odd quid at the touring on everything it needs and more then 24 hrs later it starts up firing on 3... ! It's like they know you've got the wallet open. I also put HT leads on it in May last year and the DSC light came on and knocked out the ABS. You are not alone! Cue train of small parcels through the door...

Felicity decided to start running cold today... with the radiator fan running constant!! Why'd I open my mouth!!

If I could find a decent Felicia at the right money again, I would, Skoda got that car pretty much right, just the HGF being the only real issue with the 1.3

But even HGF was fairly straightforward to deal with - I fixed it myself the first time on mine, the gasket was like £8? It blew again about 20000 miles later, at which point I had the head skimmed (£20) and another HG. The engine was never a problem again, the car - sadly - simply fell apart around it.

Great car - 1000000 x better than the Felicia I bought to replace it.

My 2 pictured were both sold by the same main dealer, and still sported the dealer stickers & number plates, sadly they are no longer main dealers, my old Fav has been spotted in Norfolk not that long ago too, miss it, with it's comedy side exhaust made from scaffold pole, and it only cost me a hundred quid with 8 months MOT, yeah I spent a few hundred on running repairs, like a new starter motor, welding, new rear wiper motor, and spare wheel, but 2nd hand bits were cheap, and most things were DIY, I repaired the very saggy parcel shelf with a bit of 1x1 timber and wood screws, and did around 10,000 happy miles in the time I owned it, my mum liked it as it brought back memories of her Favorit LXIe, which she replaced with a brand new Felicia, I do think these cars do get in to your blood when you own them, swmbo really liked that Felicia Magic, we even got given a decent JVC CD player for that after doing a favour for a

neighbour, and it was plug & play. I would say the modern equivalent to the Felicia is the Dacia Sandero

Felly - finally twigged where your user name came from - slow on the uptake me