Viking Longboat trials and tribulations! Roffle £5.00 per ticket

Steve79

Guest Hooli

I think it'd need a big difference in size to be an issue. All I'm thinking is as the coolant contracts when it cools the level in the expansion tank lowers, if the tank is too small then it'll end up empty when cold. It'd work once it's found it's own level but the owner would be forever topping it up which then goes missing as it gets hot, pressurises & blows the excess out.

• 1 month later...

Rover has been a bit neglected over the last month or so with uno and bmw taking up much time/money. The electric windows are still playing up and have been advised (Thanks Mo) that the fusebox is the likely culprit.

I've managed to source from an eBay member who is breaking a low mileage example a fusebox and door handle. He texted me this morning to say that the fusebox has recently been resoldered as well :)

• 1 month later...

I'm in two minds whether to sell the Rover as it isn't getting much use lately so thought i'd test the water!

The windows are now behaving in the correct manner i.e working. I have a replacement door handle to replace the snapped one but haven't gotten around to fitting it yet. The exhaust is emitting a noise which sounds like its blowing under heavy load but despite having it up on the ramp, changing the manifold gasket and replacing the silencer it is still there.

There is no evidence its blowing so may be a shite quality exhaust system which is a distinct possibility as there's a receipt from shitfit for it a few years ago.

I'd be looking for £700 for it which considering the low miles and condition I think is fair.

Any interest?

• 2 months later...

Not sure i really want to get rid of this but i'm under serious pressure to clear some space on the driveway!

Current state of play is:

Good

• MOT: 13/03/2019
  • 54000 miles
  • Oil and Gearbox fluid have been changed
  • All tyres have good tread
  • Volvo 850 expansion tank conversion (cos Rover one is shite and split)

Bad

• Could do with two new front shock absorbers as they're a bit weak
  • Blow from inlet manifold (exhaust manifold has been changed)
  • Electric Windows sometimes (RARELY) refuse to function but will close on the key comfort mode. I have a replacement fusebox which has been fully re-soldered to sort this.
  • Passenger door handle damaged by scrote, I have replacement in same colour but not yet fitted it.

Would like to get at least some of my money back on this but will still be taking a massive hit.

£5.00 a ticket anyone?