Zafira A. *fuk this car*

Jim Bell

Have you tried the pedal test? Tells you pretty much what opcom would but for free. I do that on my Coupe (same engine).

Not that it helps you at all, nor might it be the culprit, but fried ECUs are a 'thing' on these unfortunately.

Google agrees.

Whats the pedal test man? Im sick of google gor today.

My life is a joke to you Kenneth?

What kind of fucking animal would have fish and chips with no gravy?

Not this one.

Not this animal.

Gravy.....on fish n chips.....that's like putting jam on a roast dinner you dirty, dirty boy  

I have a few purple relays you can have posted up if you pm me your address 

Even Mr Regular from Regular Car Reviews says English fish & chips are a revelation with gravy, and he's a Septic

Hes right. But we have known this all along.

Gravy.....on fish n chips.....that's like putting jam on a roast dinner you dirty, dirty boy  

I have a few purple relays you can have posted up if you pm me your address 

Amazing! thanks man. PM coming.

have we tried the spare key just to disprove an immobi fault?

Unfortunately I do not have one. 

Is your cheap code reader an ELM327 Bluetooth adapter? I.e. you use an app on your phone.

It's unfortunately not uncommon for these ECUs to go fukt. The symptom however is usually a whole load of codes including cam sensor, etc. I also wonder if the fans not working is another sign something is not right. E.g. chaffed loom or the ECU loosing the ability to control stuff (e.g. switch injectors/fans/spark coils/etc on/off).

I do have vague memories of fuse box or a multiway connector in the engine bay getting corroded on these...

If it's any use I have a vectra c in a 52 plate that's being broken​. Z18xe. Still got ECU, ignition barrel etc. Actually my friend has bought it off my ex for his zafira which met it's maker but the car is still on my drive and we are as a joint effort selling everything. If you're need anything I'll ask him the price. I know zafira runs kwp2000 and vectra is part canbus on a pre facelift so maybe someone else will say if the ECU etc will marry to yours. Give us a shout if need any engine bits too. Car was working fine with no eml or running issues.

If it's any use I have a vectra c in a 52 plate that's being broken​. Z18xe. Still got ECU, ignition barrel etc. Actually my friend has bought it off my ex for his zafira which met it's maker but the car is still on my drive and we are as a joint effort selling everything. If you're need anything I'll ask him the price. I know zafira runs kwp2000 and vectra is part canbus on a pre facelift so maybe someone else will say if the ECU etc will marry to yours. Give us a shout if need any engine bits too. Car was working fine with no eml or running issues.

If anyone with better knowledge knows, feel free to speak up.

Is your cheap code reader an ELM327 Bluetooth adapter? I.e. you use an app on your phone.

No its a bright orange thing with a wire on.

Im going to have a look at the fuse/relay box tomorow and see whats actually obstructing it.

I have that very same code reader, of little use on this engine I'm afraid, good for older Renaults though.

Does the spanner light stay on when the ignition is at position 2? If so, there is a code stored, even if it goes out when the engine fires.

I would really recommend the pedal test before doing anything else. It could save you a wild goose chase/fools errand.

If it is the ECU, there are hunners of breakers more closely matched to your Zaf.

Pedal test works a treat. Best way to go forward without going down vox/op com. I know of someone who used a generic code reader on his zafira and it put out the eml but ran like shite. Oddly when eml came back it ran ok. I assume crank and cam sensors will be the same in my and yours so if needed shout up also.

Bear with me as Im generally shit

. Had a peep in the bay.... is the relay box meant to be on top of the abs pump? Its hard up against the bulkhead and seems like you can only undo the front two clips? Vant seem to get the back half out.

post-5435-0-57335100-1523185879_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-68664400-1523185900_thumb.jpg

Plugged my shitty diagnostic in just for a laugh.

post-5435-0-21487400-1523185959_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-76826700-1523185981_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-74068900-1523186005_thumb.jpg

Linking error!

Sweet.

Also found a spare key in my dads stuff after all so gave that a try in case it was key failure.

No joy.

Off to do a brake test thing.

Tried unplugging the ecu, leaving it for 30 minutes then plugging it back in?

When I met Amy she had a corsa C *spit* that the central locking never worked from the key. Tried all sorts, but unplugging the main ecu fixed it... Could be worth a try in a 'what have you got to loose' kind of way?

Tried unplugging the ecu, leaving it for 30 minutes then plugging it back in?

When I met Amy she had a corsa C *spit* that the central locking never worked from the key. Tried all sorts, but unplugging the main ecu fixed it... Could be worth a try in a 'what have you got to loose' kind of way?

AA bloke said he tried it but its certainly worth a go again man.

I know the brake check test works on early zafs y plate and 03 and 54 from ones I've seen. You need ignition key out and a firm shove on the brake pedal and throttle pedal. Then turn ignition on so it lights. You should have a pic of an engine and a pic of a car and spanner. It's the engine light itself that will flash for the numbers,large pause is start of next number.

The quicksilvers haven't done any work on their Fazira A have they? Like how all the XAntia's were on here a few years ago, someone fixed something, someone else's broke?

Maybe the same exists for Zafira A's and B's., and this is the first we are seeing on it as you and the Silvers are the only ones (that I know of) who own an A on the group, and I'm the only unlucky prick who has a B outside (although the V5 isnt in my name so I get away with it) so I have yet to experience the fun*

I guess we are all lucky that Billy frags whatever he buys before he's put the phone down and doesn't try and fix them, all the vauxhall owners on here would be fucked then...

Not trying to be insulting, but just double checking. Did you have the ignition on when you tried code scanning?

That fusebox could be plausible location, due to being an MPV and everything squashed in. The Scenic II needed the windscreen wipers removing before you could get decent access to the engine.

Google agrees.

Whats the pedal test man? 

Get it fixed, put it into gear, release the clutch pedal, press the accelerator pedal and drive to my house. I'll lend you a bike to get to my local train station with.