Zafira A. *fuk this car*

Jim Bell

Glad to see you're dealing with the sad news in the best way possible... humour and car collections. Still, sorry to hear of your loss.

On hound anal glands...

Our whippet went through a spell of anal gland stench, a food that led to firmer stool was the answer and we've had no issues for several years now.

Hounds rule.

Me dad seemed to have a thing about boot carpets. There was two in the 318 and theres two plus a protector in the Zaff.

attachicon.gif20180213_120659.jpg

My Dad has had the same piece of carpet in the boot of his cars since 1987.  It's been through a Sierra, a Mondeo, an Accord, a CRV, a Mazda 6 and a Seat Leon - it's now in another Mazda 6!  He also uses it to stop his drum kit moving around when he's gigging.  I've got dibs on that when he declares, along with the private numberplate I got him last year.

My Dad has had the same piece of carpet in the boot of his cars since 1987.  It's been through a Sierra, a Mondeo, an Accord, a CRV, a Mazda 6 and a Seat Leon - it's now in another Mazda 6!  He also uses it to stop his drum kit moving around when he's gigging.  I've got dibs on that when he declares, along with the private numberplate I got him last year.

I was nodding along until I got to DRUM KIT and GIGGING.

Your dads a gigging percussionist? 

Thats class! I bet hes cool as fuck.  Hope the carpet is some zany patterned AXMISTER or something.

Pics pls!

Being up in the wilds, my dad tended to keep the cars as full of fuel as he could. Theres only one "filling station" in the village and its as basic as you can get. A pez pump, a diesel pump an a woman sat on a three legged stool with a leather satchel containing loose change.

Now that the Zaff is a big city runabout, as a WELCUM 2 YOR NEU HOME gift I decided to treat it to its first meal out.

post-5435-0-34673000-1518534170_thumb.jpg

Sexy numbers. Beat THAT Rachel Riley.

post-5435-0-49710900-1518534467_thumb.jpg

Luckily theres a couple of LPG friendly filling stations local to me. Pops used to have an 70 odd mile round trip to fill up with gas. Which made it a rather pointless fuel choice but he liked it because it "saved him money".

Last job of the afternoon was to clear out the cabin so that a half arsed vallet can begin. Once the rain stopped.

Its safe to say that he only carried the absolute essentials.

post-5435-0-95129100-1518535194_thumb.jpg

Mpg might jump up a bit now Ive shed a bit of weight.

He would hate to think of me throwing away working pens but life has to move on.

The wheels on it are 'structure' steel wheels, likely off a Zafira B.

The alloys look like ones off a Vectra C Club model, racking my brains trying to think what wheels were on a late Zafira Elegance, I think they were the same ones as fitted to later mk4 Astra SXis, 10 spoke ones. 

I notice the front mudflaps have trapped moisture and started rusting the paint on the wings. 

Gave this a good clean today, inside and out. Even did the glass. Not to pro or even two bucket barmpot standard, I just got the filth off it.

post-5435-0-50834500-1518792662_thumb.jpg

Cleaning it uncovered a rather impressive parking badge. Pops did like to park it right up against the wall. Or ON IT, as it seems.

post-5435-0-67112200-1518792762_thumb.jpg

Im locked out of the in car entertainment sadly. The car is quite laid back about this.

post-5435-0-61145300-1518792927_thumb.jpg

Seems someone put the wrong code in MANY TIMES. Guess I'll just have to sing.

Fixed the radio with help from THE STUPID QUESTION AMNESTY THREAD and treated the Zaf to some sexy rubber floor mats that Stanky kindly donated.

post-5435-0-96507500-1518904208_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-94304300-1518904239_thumb.jpg

Car thanked me kindly by blowing a fart hole in its exhausting pipe on the way back from Northumberland.

Sounds like a disgruntled tractor now.

post-5435-0-20587400-1518904344_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-15974400-1518904395_thumb.jpg

Cheers car. You cocknob.

Adds exhaust to list of things to address. Along with mot and cooling issues.

... treated the Zaf to some sexy rubber floor mats that Stanky kindly donated.

Car thanked me kindly by blowing a fart hole in its exhausing pipe on the way back from Northumberland.

Sounds like a disgruntled tractor now.

See, I told you those mats added loads of power didn't I? Poor exhaust just couldn't cope with TEH POWR

I don't know if this is the same dash (probably is), but the Astra G that this is based on has a coolant gauge that is very wiggly. Ours used to start between 80 and 90C and then rise to sort of a bit over 90C or so. Then when the thermostat and fan kicked in, it would drop to under 90C. It would continously repeat this cycle when upto temp. Apparently something that all of them do.

When you say it overheats, does it go up and over the 100C marker?