Zafira A. *fuk this car*

Jim Bell

Old on out. Wheres the new one.

post-5435-0-42126700-1524933060_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-50098900-1524933089_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-77335800-1524933117_thumb.jpg

Whel. These dont look the same at all do they. This is where we SHOULD have stopped. However, it was sunny enough so we decided to push on. Got the new ecu in and set about the steering column.

post-5435-0-75806400-1524933234_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-75509400-1524933260_thumb.jpg

Bit of a fanny on, but got there.

We disconnected the battery.

The alarm continued to go off.

Overrun resorted to the internet.

THE SOUNDER IS IN THE PASSENGER SIDE WHEEL WELL.

He shouted.

Lord Stirling then texted me to say that he was buying a Daewoo Lanos for me so I had to dash in the house and arrange some insurance.

Overrun attacked the inner arch protectors in my absence and I returned to see the sounder emerging. We unplugged it and threw it in the garden. The alarm stopped.

With the sounder disconnected we reatached the jump pack to see if it would start.

I crossed my fingers and turned the jump pack on.

The alarm started going off again.

This time via the traditional horns.

For Fucking fucks sake.

We found the horns near the back of the bumper and unplugged them.

ILL BE VERY SURPRISED IF THE ALARM GOES OFF THIS TIME shouted Overrun as we were both mostly deaf by this point.

I connected the jump pack again AND THE FUCKING ALARM WENT OFF AGAIN!!!! THERES A THIRD HORN HIDDEN UP UNDER THE SCUTTLE WHOS ONLY PURPOSE CAN BE TO SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF PEOPLE WHO A PRETTY SURE THE ALARM WONT GO OFF THIS TIME.

With the third secret horn unplugged, we connected the jump pack up again.

It was dead. The battery was mega dead too.

Errr ok. Lets try and jump it with the battery out of the e39.

post-5435-0-01015400-1524934305_thumb.jpg

That didnt work either so we decided to take the battery out of the BM and put it in the Zafira.

During this reasonably safe procedure, I dropped a ratchet which settled against the body and the live terminal of the battery. Sparks began and I did a bad fright. The ratchet was begining to weld itself to the car so I hooked it away with the handle of some pliers.

Shit weld m8

post-5435-0-61427400-1524934522_thumb.jpg

The greatly predictable answer is:

No. No of course not.

post-5435-0-46720700-1524934956_thumb.jpg

No. Its exactly the same as before we started.

Either the new ecu is incompatible, it needs coded, its fucked or "something else".

Whats for sure is that this car is going for scrap.

Ive lost all motivation for any further efforts.

All Vauxhalls are shit.

All Vauxhalls are shit.

Never a truer word spoken! You'd have had the same result if you'd tried to change the rear number plate bulb or similar, their just all shit. Apparently the drivers windows started to go up and down on amys... Lalalalala fingers in my ears sorry love can't hear you

Checked the fuses. I dont THINK an earth would stop the car communicating via the OBD port but Im often very wrong.

Lack of earth to the ECU defo would stop communication

If your check engine light isn't coming on and going off when you cycle the key as usual then it's either a dead ECU or no power to the ECU.

I think these ECUs might ground through the case or something dumbarse like that.

But I can totally understand if you're sick to death of the fucking thing and want to scrap it.

Thanks very much to everyone that tried to help though. I dont mean to sound like such an ungrateful prick but Im in a right strop.

Understandable frustrationz caused by Electrocicrorilly Cunected Unets casusing FTP and a lot of faffing. It will be the last thing you try that will solve it.

I would be worried the two ecu are differz. I'm due a trip down our local yard if you want me to see if there are any Zafiras in there. What year is yours ?

Understandable frustrationz caused by Electrocicrorilly Cunected Unets casusing FTP and a lot of faffing. It will be the last thing you try that will solve it.

I would be worried the two ecu are differz. I'm due a trip down our local yard if you want me to see if there are any Zafiras in there. What year is yours ?

Its an 04.  But some of the owners FB are saying even a correct one would need coded.  Dunno if thats true or not, but I'm done with it fore double sure.

My response here is much the same as to Datsuncog when he was trying to make one Laguna out of two.

You've tried your best, it's not worth the stress. Take the good bits off and get rid.

Although, have you tried the pedal diagnostics? I hear there's a light that flashes on the dashboard.....

If it's stressing you out, I agree, just get rid, you have the tantastic 5 series.

Although, have you tried the pedal diagnostics? I hear there's a light that flashes on the dashboard.....

As I had suggested the above in addition to other people I won't be so arrogant as to think that is a dig at me. I was only trying to help, having a car with exactly the same engine.