Morris Leslie Auction at Errol - Saturday 17th February

Supernaut

I'm not great at keeping a record but fairly sure the calibra got to 700. Don't know if the hammer fell though.

The Passat made £3400, '97 820 sterling £1000, 18k miles '99 820 £2000, '94 jag sovereign £600, Yamaha ty80 £675, Capri £4200, probe £825, merc 500sec £1000, minor £750. I might know some others.

Less than half made their reserve or were conditionally sold.

Why there was an X reg p38 in a classic auction is anyone's guess. Why I bought it is less of a mystery. I might start a thread on it - the fooker is still there as it wouldn't start...

The LDV fire van made £450 but was Provisional. Drum - that P38 took my attention as it was very tidy, but the rust in the rear OS sill end and more importantly the complete lack of water in the header tank - pointing towards liner drop - put me off! You need to buy my Super Reliable* P38 for its superb 2.5 Diseasal and make one good* car out of the two! :mrgreen:

The LDV fire van made £450 but was Provisional. Drum - that P38 took my attention as it was very tidy, but the rust in the rear OS sill end and more importantly the complete lack of water in the header tank - pointing towards liner drop - put me off! You need to buy my Super Reliable* P38 for its superb 2.5 Diseasal and make one good* car out of the two! :mrgreen:

Bugger! Wish I'd found you before buying it. Looks like it will be going straight to the breaking for spares department of drum's shite motors! The engine disabled message was on and was playing dead. Having read some internet wisdom* I was hoping the EKA code could be entered with the key. Sounds like it might need trailered anyway?

Goes off to read about liner drop....

Suspecting problems given saabnut's comment, I filled it with water and let it idle for 25 minutes. Some drips from the water pump pulley made optimistic me hope that explained the lack of water. The temp gauge sat at normal the whole time so insured and taxed and set off. It won't drive more than 2 miles without boiling up.

What's the chances it's just the water pump or thermostat that's goosed?