Omega 5 seater bridge beater with nice heater. *SOLD*

Cavcraft

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=141910.0

I'll most probably be banned as that was my 200th post in 18 months.

The oil leak will be the rocker gaskets. It's a painful job. I'm a muppet and it took me all day, to do one, (as only one was leaking)

Gaskets and coil packs cost me as much as Billy wants for the car.

Would love to raffle it, but it’s on borrowed time as it is and I can’t keep it here much longer. Can take to the PoP but then it’s in to costing me more money, sadly.

Fingers crossed the MOT place declares it worth punting on to a new owner - and well done for sticking with it as far as you did. At least it's a chance of seeing the road again now.

Genuine wantage for one of these, but a silver Omega V6 says only one thing in Northern Ireland - undercover feds/ Close Protection Squad vehicle. Can't be dealing with any 'misunderstandings' that might arise should I unwittingly park it in certain areas.

The V cooler (or oil cooler) wont be the problem. This doesn't show as an oil leak. It leaks into the coolant and shows as mayo in the header tank.

The oil leak will more than likely be either the cam gaskets as already mentioned, or a crank seal. V6 crank seals often leak, or drip to be more precise and aren't really worth bothering with unless your OCD about keeping your drive clean.

Ive just joined the site, by the way, as a result of the link about this car on the Omega forum.

Currently drive a nice 3.2 Elite Omega and a Merc 190D which runs on old cooking oil.

I was told about  2.6 (elite I think) Omega near me in North Essex recently, which apparently is very cheap, so I may post details on here when I have any more info, in case anyone else is interested in one.

The V cooler (or oil cooler) wont be the problem. This doesn't show as an oil leak. It leaks into the coolant and shows as mayo in the header tank.

The oil leak will more than likely be either the cam gaskets as already mentioned, or a crank seal. V6 crank seals often leak, or drip to be more precise and aren't really worth bothering with unless your OCD about keeping your drive clean.

Ive just joined the site, by the way, as a result of the link about this car on the Omega forum.

Currently drive a nice 3.2 Elite Omega and a Merc 190D which runs on old cooking oil.

I was told about  2.6 (elite I think) Omega near me in North Essex recently, which apparently is very cheap, so I may post details on here when I have any more info, in case anyone else is interested in one.

Welcome