Insurance exclusions

wuvvum

Just filling in the proposal form for the renewal of my trader's policy which is due in a week or so's time. The broker has found me a new insurer this year, now that my license is clean and there was therefore more choice available. It's a bit more restrictive than my current policy, but it's a lot cheaper and most of the restrictions won't affect me so I'm not complaining too much. Anyway, among the usual "No Q-plated vehicles" and "No PSVs", there's a random entry that says "No Subaru Imprezas". That's it, that's the only specific vehicle that is mentioned in the entire list. Do they really have that bad of a reputation among car insurers? I know a lot of them are owned by bell ends, but then so are Saxo VTS's and BMW M3s and they're not mentioned. Nor is the Mitsubishi Evo, which is a very similar animal to the Prezza. Or indeed the Legacy, which can be had in twin turbo form that will leave a standard WRX for dead. I can drive those fine, but I can't drive an Impreza. Not even a 1.6 GL. I don't have any particular desire to, so it's not going to affect me in any concrete way, but I still think it's a bit odd...

When I looked at trade policies, they all statedNO imprezas NO Mitsubishi Lancers and NO M-series BMW's. Everything else was fine, you could have had a Lotus Carlton or a 911 Turbo no bother so long as it's value didn't exceed fifty large....

Not quite in the Impreza league, but in the early 1980's my moped insurance specificaly excluded damage done to a politicians moped if it was damaged during a political rally!Which leads me to think which politician had claimed for his wrecked twist'n'go? Although I wouldn't want to insure Norman Tebbits bike!