2003 Mini Cooper 1.6 - Norfolk

JJ0063

***Happy to start roffle proceedings but it remains for sale at £450***

Collection within 7 days from Norfolk, I’m between Kings Lynn and Norwich on the A47.

Thought I'd do a proper thread for this..

We've owned it since April 2014 and it's been the best car we've ever owned. It always starts first time and has never broken down on us - few niggly bits and the urge for a change has lead us to cut our losses and move it on.

I know I posted a thread last week asking for advice on what to do with it, so I’ve decided to spend a bit of time giving a bit more detail on any issues with it.

The deets':

2003 Mini Cooper 1.6

Mileage is circa 142k

New power steering pump a year or so ago

New copper brake pipes a few months back

It's got tinted windows all round (y0!)

If anyone is into drifting, we bought it from Paul 'Smokey' Smith. Must add value?

It has 1 key

It has some paperwork.

It's black with a white roof and white wheels

The registration will be back to original 'MT03 RUY' is currently on AS03 BAM for check purposes.

The MOT runs out on 13th April and the advisories last year were:

Advisory notice item(s)

Nearside Headlamp has a product on the lens but not seriously reducing light output (1.7.5a)

Offside Headlamp has a product on the lens but not seriously reducing light output (1.7.5a)

Brake pipe slightly corroded Both front to rear and both front (3.6.B.2c) DONE

Offside Front Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1) DONE

Nearside Suspension arm has slight play in a pin/bush Front arm rear bush (2.4.G.2)

Suspension arm has slight play in a pin/bush Front arm rear bush (2.4.G.2)

Oil leak Engine ()

Couple of bits of note from my original advice thread:

Brake pad warning light is on but they weren't an advisory last year - No idea if it's just a sensor or if they need doing, I can't be arsed to look.

Engine is a bit tappety - due an oil change

Gearbox rattles a little when under acceleration (Sometimes) and reverse occasionally needs double declutching to find.

It leaks inward like a sieve from the boot lid somewhere so the boot is wet.

Does use a little coolant but not excessive, I've filled it up probably 3 times in 4 years.

Glovebox handle has snapped so it's shut at the moment

Brake pad warning light on, front and rear are very low Was an assumption, after checking the MOT history they weren't even an advisory last year so I doubt it - Happy to get out and try to check at the weekend but I don't plan on removing wheels.

Alternator sounds rough It's not, I checked and it sounds fine.

Release bearing is noisy It's not - I thought it was. Happy to provide a video and obviously any interested party can check for themselves

Does use a little coolant but doesn’t worry me (I top it up every 3 months or so) I've said this in my description and checked with my partner how often she's topped it up - I can't say we make a note in the diary but it doesn't use an awful lot.

Not been serviced in well over 40k I've said it needs an oil change - I'd forgotten the one change we have done (Probably 20k ago now but I can't prove it and it's due one anyway)

It's got the usual wear and tear as expected with the age/miles. It's certainly no minter but has served us better than cars worth a lot more money that I've owned at the same time!

A4_D6409_E_8_A58_4105_8_A70_CBBC74_BAB51

I'll get some more pics and perhaps a walkaround video to help show the condition.

Location is Norfolk (I can collect from King's Lynn, Downham Market or Norwich station)

Taxed to get you home

Insured in my partners name still.

No idea on the value, I'd like to think it would go through an MOT and serve someone well until something drastic happens to it so I'll ask £450 although I'm open to offers as I may be well off on price.

Reluctantly would consider a roffle but I could do with a quick sale.

Cheers.

Anyone else got something stupid or pointless to add to this? The original thread was removed at my suggestion, and I suggest one of you at least owes JJ an apology by private message.

I don't know much about these but £450 seems like a proper bargain

MIKER's wife needs a new car, and THIS would be perfect.

If you roffle it, I'm having 2 tickets and if I win I'll give his wife the car.

Got any photos of the interior? I've wanted a Mini for some time...

Not yet I’m afraid, I will grab some though. It’s bog standard cloth interior - I’ll clean it up and get pics and a video at the weekend (weather permitting)

I have found some old photos of the exterior, it’s the same just dirty now :)

9_EFC7_E72_DAF3_42_F6_BE57_2_D8_E662_DC8

4_F136491_49_A5_457_A_9_FFA_D8_CCD26188_

EB0_C2_A00_4_B60_4395_91_B1_F057_A1_E3_D

free image hosting websites

Both the original thread and this give an honest appraisal of a cheap car

Hope you didn't end up in the 4k HP Astra

No, thank god. Currently on the lookout for a Beetle for a grand...

Swap for a happy Rover 75?

Roffle, has to be a roffle. I would happily buy tickets.

I’ll await initial interest then consider a roffle, would be £7.50-8 a ticket though - any interest?

Come on then, never ROFFLED before but I assume it’s 1-59, pay after they’ve all been allocated? It’ll remain for sale though as I’d rather an easy sale.

Also less disheartening to buy it for £8 I guess.

Let me know if I’m doing this wrong.

£8 a ticket, 2 for £15.

2.blakey79

7.pandamonium

9.purplebargeken

14.purplebargeken

18.Timewaster

23. Parky

25.Tam

26. 95 quid Peugeot

27. 95 quid Peugeot

28.gadgetgricey

36.Timewaster

41.Dick Longbridge

45. Parky

47.gadgetgricey

49.Tam

54.blakey79

That’s an absolute bargain that’s definitely the cheapest running mini with a ticket in the country.

This is what a £450 mini normally looks like.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F162876289249

I’m afraid with 4 cars at the moment I just don’t have the room for anymore motors but you won’t have any trouble selling it on that’s for sure.