Sportrak-now roffling! £12.50 a ticket

Flossy

• 4 weeks later...

Thermostat stuck shut on the way home from work, caught it before it overheated, frantic tow and strip down before work the next evening. All sorted, including a quick flush and renewed coolant to boot. Straight out the unit and had chance to try the 4wd which all seems to work. I really like this car, cambelt being done shortly, alternator belt is squealing so needs looking at then I can get on with body panel swapp/sanding

• 4 weeks later...

An update to a couple of weeks ago, The thermostat got replaced and the car got me home in the snow. However I noticed a coolant leak so parked it up until the snow cleared to investigate, at which point it became clear there was a pretty serious leak from the water pump. Despite the fact I was planning on getting the cambelt and water pump replaced anyway I felt very dejected and lost my mojo with it altogether, leaving it parked up and ignoring it. This wasn't helped by ringing round several garages who had various excuses why they wouldn't do it.

Eventually I found someone within 300 metres of my house who were willing to do it and for a very good price. So with the car booked in for early April today I've set about doing some small jobs. I collected a car load of spares from the seller

post-20161-0-91732600-1522083591_thumb.jpg

removed the last of the tat from the car and fixed the boot hinge. Feeling good about the car again and can't wait to have it back on the road!

post-20161-0-30639800-1522083650_thumb.jpg

EDIT found some broken wiring which got some hot soldering action, got brake lights again.post-20161-0-80870800-1522085554_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The time has come to move this on. Its been a good stopgap whilst I've sorted something more permanent out.55k on the clock, mot history seems to back this up. Extensive welding done to make it solid by the previous owner, mot til Feb 2019 with no advisories, history to show gearbox refurb and clutch change, not sure when exactly they were done but they are there.

Since I have had it, I have had the cambelt, tensioner, water pump and coolant changed, it's had an oil change a month before the mot in Feb (was garaged for a year or so) I have removed most of the bolt on ornaments which means there are a few small bolt holes which need filling up at some point. It also has a new battery put on by the previous owner whilst it was garaged. Spares wise there are both doors, both inner front wings, drivers side passenger wing, boot door, gearbox, transfer box, assorted shafts and joints, 2 spare seats and a box of smaller parts like air filters etc. So at some point somebody has broken one for spares. Interior is very clean for its age.

Obviously the paint is not for everyone, were I to keep it the plan was to roller it but I know it appeals to some. Price wise it owes me 950 quid, id like to see some of that back to reflect the effort put in so far so fire away with offers! Its located in Stourbridge, You'll need another car (preferably a small van) to take all the spares in one go, local collection can be arranged as stourbridge junction train station is close to mine.

I've no business getting involved in roffles right now, with more than enough ailing motors to contend with, but here - have a Sportrak brochure, just to whet the appetite of those who want to be in for the win...

post-17915-0-88939900-1524136570_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-71969800-1524136591_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-75833400-1524136605_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-51712200-1524136617_thumb.jpg

(And if anyone wants the brochure itself, happy to send it on at cost of postage only - just pm me)

1.catsinthewelder

3.yes oui si

5.wilsonwilson

13. Yes oui si

19. BenHar

42. BenHar

45. Pandamonium

56.Chodweaver

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I've been meaning to update this, it's been sold on gumtree. I was hoping for a bit more interest in the roffle but understandably the ticket price was a bit steep for something that niche. No matter, it's gone to a good home and it's no longer parked in the road where I feared it would be at the mercy of vandals considering it's appearance. Thanks to everyone who showed interest in the roffle, and those who provided encouragement and knowledge. Hopefully in a couple of years there will be more room for a project.