What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

[q8uote name=tooSavvy" post="1787238" timestamp="1554566538]2yr 2mth in... GR9+

Woke up this morning and couldn't think what day it was.

I very recently retired, so why the fuck do I care? Retirement is great

Three years into (early) retirement, I have less time now to fuck about with old cars than when working. But, who cares, it's not like I have to wait until next weekend, just do it tomorrow.

Had some absolutely amazing compliments from some long term customers of mine reminiscing about their favourite pieces of artwork they'd bought from me over the years and how they prefer to commission me because I'm just nice and put the effort in to be professional so they know just what they're getting.  It just came out of nowhere and I didn't know what to say other than 'thank you' a lot.  I'd been having a rotten day headspace-wise because mental health is a bugger like that, and it turned me right around.  I even netted some bonus work that's already done and paid for that's allowed me to order the new brake parts for the Princess a month earlier than I expected to be able to afford it.

Knock on of this is that I feel loads better, so I'll be more pleasant to be around, and the money the BX needs to be road legal will now be available a bit sooner than it would have.  It's winning all round.

Well, today was Yard Work Day; after having pulled my hip out a few weeks back, any kind of lifting or otherwise stressful activity was a mite painful so it didn't get done. Going back a page, it's also funny to see how much larger my daily is (grey Silverado) up against the GTA.

post-5454-0-00170800-1554603138_thumb.jpg

Managed to get the edges done, the yard done after pumping up the tires on the lawn tractor.

I planted an Aloe Vera plant by the mailbox. Hopefully it'll grow there.

post-5454-0-71405600-1554603572_thumb.jpg

Several grins. One, the bees have taken an interest in my fruit trees so maybe I'll get some fruit this year- or if nothing else, I'll find out what the trees actually are. I inherited them with the house, and other than them being citrus, I'm not sure what they are. I need also to work on getting rid of the caterpillars that eat the leaves and make them go all curly and dead.

post-5454-0-32716100-1554603459_thumb.jpg

Next grin started with a grump- pushing the mower along to get the sides and it dies, feel like the carburetor got blocked, fuel starvation for sure. Went into the shed and pulled out the old old mower. I was a bit worried, but filled it with fuel and it fired up first pull in a cloud of blue smoke. Hadn't even pulled it over in over a year. Did the rest of the spaces the tractor doesn't fit in.

On top of it all, it was 27C here today and I got sunburned...

Phil

I know it shouldn't BUT coming off the ferry.... The Riley was next to me, in front of the a-typical middle management M class biturbo.

Tub o lard getting in remarks - extremely loudly - to the wife.... "I hope his old crap starts"

I glared immediately.....

You can guess it.....

Riley starts first push of the button....

ML - click, click, click.....

HA FUCKING HA was my cry as I rolled past the self important prick. It still makes me giggle now......

Sent from my LDN-L21 using Tapatalk

I thought I'd show my face at the Lakeland Motor Museum yesterday, because there's a club meeting on the first Saturday every month and I've been many times, even though I've never joined the club.

70 cars, 40 motorbikes!  That was some turnout, helped I'm sure by glorious weather.

Next Sunday is the official season-opener, Drive & Ride In Day (not to be confused with the FBHVC Drive-it Day that comes later).  I'll be there, hopefully with Huggy and Memphis too!

Spotted in Shields today. What's it worth mister?f9510b85e162cf69432b62b9a41ca236.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Saw one of these in Kensington last week, albeit in a rather more sober shade of metallic grey.  They're an ugly bugger, but pretty impressive to look at nonetheless.  And they have a proper Bentley engine rather than something nicked from an A8.