What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Swindon Advertiser: No deal Brexit a 'danger' to BMW Mini plant at Oxford, says firm boss.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/17477222.no-deal-brexit-a-danger-to-bmw-mini-plant-at-oxford-says-firm-boss/

This is politics. Our moderation team may wish to delete this post.

It shouldn't make me grin.

It should make me sad.

But what makes me grin is that everything I tried to tell people before they voted on Brexit, seems to be right.

I know that I'm a remoaner, I know that I'd like the whole thing to be a bad dream, but being right always brings a smile.

On the other hand, I propose a new law for when we leave the EU.

Any product that uses imagery of the union flag will be banned on misrepresention grounds unless it is made in the UK

I'm thinking of those stupid union flag rear lights.

Unless the car is built in the UK it won't be allowed.

Same with RAF roundells on clothing.

My mum got a letter for her 107 tax. £20 a year which is normal.... Or £1.75 a month which is £21.

I wonder how many people take them up on that.

That's wierd, I got a reminder for the fortwo last month which offered me the choice of £30 paid straight away with a card or £30 on an annual DD - no monthly option.

For me, going to college instead of taking any apprenticeship was the worst decision I ever made. The experience he would get in an actual garage, albeit doing completely ineffectual jobs to begin with, will be far more useful than tossing it off at a college for a few days a week.

I would say that it's horses for courses but if you have a bit of paper to your name you will generally get a better rate.  Do they still do day release apprenticeships?  To me that seems like a good system where you get to apply what you learn at college so one reinforces the other.

I would say that it's horses for courses but if you have a bit of paper to your name you will generally get a better rate.  Do they still do day release apprenticeships?  To me that seems like a good system where you get to apply what you learn at college so one reinforces the other.

You will get a bit of paper to your name with most large apprenticeship schemes. For example, EDF Energy's engineering apprenticeship provides the ability to study for a BTEC Level 3, diploma, and also attain an actual degree later on, to my understanding.

This is also the apprenticeship that I am hoping to get. Waiting for that magic E-mail every day.

Just two days left of my notice at work. All my tools are brought home, I've got another 10GB of data on my phone to cope with sitting in my office with my feet up watching youtube and netflix for the next few days.

Camper is already packed for me to go away straight from the last day at work - walking boots dubbined, beer chilling in the fridge ready, I just need to pick a campsite.

Just two days left of my notice at work. All my tools are brought home, I've got another 10GB of data on my phone to cope with sitting in my office with my feet up watching youtube and netflix for the next few days.

Camper is already packed for me to go away straight from the last day at work - walking boots dubbined, beer chilling in the fridge ready, I just need to pick a campsite.

Just 1/2 day of my notice. The people who I am handing over to couldn't be less interested.

Packed up most of my stuff from.my midweek digs, into the car, strapped my bike on the back and have my stuff in my desk ready to go.

I plan a trip.to Asda on the way in tomorrow for type 2 diabetes inducing cake like items.

Then submit my time sheet, invoice and hand badge in.

I may show someone something about a laser if they look suddenly desperate.

Then 4 days off. And new contract starts on Monday. I have booked 3 nights in the local best western