What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Really common here. Buying a new RHD car or buying the parts to properly convert a LHD model of car to it's correctly manufactured RHD counterpart with factory parts is prohibited, yet fitting a giant fanbelt with woodscrews to the dash and steering with it isn't.

Phil

That is crazy

Especially as most of the carriers here use Jeeps of some description, which have definitely had RHD type approval.

Ends up with a dashboard full of warning lights (airbag removal, seatbelt warning system etc etc) but by the time the car's some with it's usually so far gone it's worth just having flung the fanbelt option on and rolled around in first and second gear constantly on the brakes with the window open in all weather.

You can imagine how nice* second hand ones are.

Phil

On Tuesday night I drove over summat in the Streetwise which caused a minor thump underneath the car. 10 mins later the gear changes started getting really noisy, sorta metallic sound when changing down/up. Didn't sound healthy at all. Fearing the worst, I parked it up outside and pushed the 620 into commutawagon duties.

Finally had a chance to get under the Streetwise today. World's simplest fix evah. The exhaust heatshield had been whacked by whatever I hit and was rubbing against the gear linkage. Bent it back. Job's a good un.

Gotta love simple fixes :)

Is it prohibited? I thought it was just difficult/expensive to get RHD vehicles. I'm sure I saw a proper RHD post van in Fort Worth when I was there but I can't have taken a picture of it.

Prohibited for vehicles under 25 years unless you go through the expense of Federal homoglation.

(All part of "imports aren't going to hurt our car economy", whereby the manufacturers then went to Mazda and Mitsubishi etc and bought their designs to build)

Rover 75 driver in crap brown paint job of an estate car .....  joining the motor way from a set of traffic lights , he was on the outside , I was on the inside ,,,,

for some reason he booted his car , swerved in front of me on my lane ....

and braked .... 

he not realising I already had him down as a cunt for buying such a gawdy looking car ..had noted his plan

and I had nipped into the outside lane and was showing him a clean pair of heels before he realised he was still on the brakes ...

he did not look happy .... soft arsed SFB

Rover 75 driver in crap brown paint job of an estate car ..... joining the motor way from a set of traffic lights , he was on the outside , I was on the inside ,,,,

for some reason he booted his car , swerved in front of me on my lane ....

and braked ....

he not realising I already had him down as a cunt for buying such a gawdy looking car ..had noted his plan

and I had nipped into the outside lane and was showing him a clean pair of heels before he realised he was still on the brakes ...

he did not look happy .... soft arsed SFB

Where's the dash cam footage.

Back on the RHD/ LHD bit, the rubbish truck that calls here is modified so that the driver can operate single handed. our rubbish is in bags not bins, the picker has to fling the bag through the opening in the side of the truck.

Driver has a standing up driving position on the left only a small step to the ground and he can very quickly grab the bags and toss them in. The bags are not big. The regular driving position is there and used for ordinary driving.

Postie vans are (or were) RHD, there's one nearish to me, must get a photo next time I see it.

Prohibited for vehicles under 25 years unless you go through the expense of Federal homoglation.

(All part of "imports aren't going to hurt our car economy", whereby the manufacturers then went to Mazda and Mitsubishi etc and bought their designs to build)

Is it prohibited? I thought it was just difficult/expensive to get RHD vehicles. I'm sure I saw a proper RHD post van in Fort Worth when I was there but I can't have taken a picture of it.

Really common here. Buying a new RHD car or buying the parts to properly convert a LHD model of car to it's correctly manufactured RHD counterpart with factory parts is prohibited, yet fitting a giant fanbelt with woodscrews to the dash and steering with it isn't.

Phil

Lake placid/Jim thorpe not long ago :)

post-4817-0-97774600-1551051413_thumb.jpg

post-4817-0-00963300-1551051450_thumb.jpg

I think there are!  I have a feeling one of my old friends in Liverpool had one a few years ago.  Not a lot of help, I know, because we've lost touch; but encouragement, surely?

In other news, I had a lovely day out yesterday with wife and dog in Bowness, beside the lake (Windermere).  The sun shone, we got a parking space, we even had a cruise on the lake.  Beautiful.

D_LfHVAK_bigger.jpgRoads Policing Unit @MerPolTraffic
FollowFollow @MerPolTraffic
More

This #motorcyclist though it was ok to wear a hard hat and a bungee cord to secure it instead of a helmet. #itsnotok #reported #notworththerisk

DzxQG2fWsAAaZ3x.jpg
12:49 PM - 19 Feb 2019

https://twitter.com/MerPolTraffic/status/1097840489594871808

:lol:

I was 55 yesterday, proving to myself that I'm still an idiot . I started and ended the day with a shag, had a 20oz T bone for lunch then on the way to B'ham airport maxed the Passat for the full length of the M45( it goes as fast as a Troll's Golf) . Tiny 3/4 life crisis!

Today is my 30th wedding anniversary , which is pearl ( Mrs N has already vetoed the obvious present!) we're going to Swansea for her work, so I've booked that fancy tower restaurant and given it Billy Big Bollocks by ordering a bottle of champagne for when we arrive.

Tomorrow I'll probably turn my toes up, but be happy.

I was 55 yesterday, proving to myself that I'm still an idiot . I started and ended the day with a shag, had a 20oz T bone for lunch then on the way to B'ham airport maxed the Passat for the full length of the M45( it goes as fast as a Troll's Golf) . Tiny 3/4 life crisis!

Today is my 30th wedding anniversary , which is pearl ( Mrs N has already vetoed the obvious present!) we're going to Swansea for her work, so I've booked that fancy tower restaurant and given it Billy Big Bollocks by ordering a bottle of champagne for when we arrive.

Tomorrow I'll probably turn my toes up, but be happy.

Exactly a day younger than me.

On Saturday night I discovered (by being told, not literally doing it) that something called 'Sploshing' is actually a thing. Oh how we laughed. Do NOT FFS Google it with your partner or kids about though. Or at work.