What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Not sure if grin or grump, but on balance probably fits here better.  Cycling in to work this morning on my decrepit 1976 3-speed Raleigh Wayfarer, and some bloke in a Porsche Cayenne sat in traffic in the other direction bips his horn, winds his window down and offers to buy me a better bike.

You’ve pulled! Did you accept the offer?

Not sure if grin or grump, but on balance probably fits here better.  Cycling in to work this morning on my decrepit 1976 3-speed Raleigh Wayfarer, and some bloke in a Porsche Cayenne sat in traffic in the other direction bips his horn, winds his window down and offers to buy me a better bike.

Did you offer to buy him a better car?

We all remember this from Facebook over Christmas?

9457437.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

Well, the rozzers caught them.

https://www.herts.police.uk/news-and-appeals/woman-charged-following-incident-at-tesco-in-rickmansworth-2601

Lucy Turner, aged 32, of Organ Hall Road in Borehamwood, has been charged with the following offences:

• Attempted theft (from Tesco in Rickmansworth)
  • Causing serious injury by dangerous driving
  • Use of a motor vehicle on a road/public place without third party insurance
  • Driving whilst disqualified
  • Being the driver of a vehicle that failed to stop after a collision
  • Being the driver of a vehicle that failed to stop after a collision and failing to report the collision

Getting on for a month since i put the offer in on the unit that was rejected,

It still sits totally empty, so that's already over £500 the landlord is down.

And i bet it'll still be empty this time next month

And the month after

And the month after.

The guy's going to end up thousands down and still have a unit in need of doing up at the end of it, all because he wanted top bucks right away.

Nae luck sunshine, should have taken my offer.

I had a really quiet day at work today,  often this can result in boredom but fortunately I arrived prepared.

I wasn't prepared through organisation but through laziness.  I had planned to service the 405 earlier in the week but hadn't got around to it so had oil and filters in the boot.  I now have a freshly serviced car.  I did some welding earlier in the week and still had the kit in the boot.  This means that a door on the building I've been meaning to fix for about 2 years now has a fresh set of bolts attached.

Another grin was a big parcel arriving from Dome of this parish.  The result was a very full Peugeot on the way home to a very happy teenager.

I had a really quiet day at work today,  often this can result in boredom but fortunately I arrived prepared.

I wasn't prepared through organisation but through laziness.  I had planned to service the 405 earlier in the week but hadn't got around to it so had oil and filters in the boot.  I now have a freshly serviced car.  I did some welding earlier in the week and still had the kit in the boot.  This means that a door on the building I've been meaning to fix for about 2 years now has a fresh set of bolts attached.

Another grin was a big parcel arriving from Dome of this parish.  The result was a very full Peugeot on the way home to a very happy teenager.

Issue 1 - 1273 of razzle ?  :-D

I like them. We have two every days cars, a Nissan X Trail and ZX. I prefer the ZX by far

I've had numerous saxos, Picassos,a xantia and a xsara but never a zx. It's not bad at all for a 1.4. Think alternator bearings aren't great though and a noise like a droplink on driver side. Front and rear bumpers a bit scuffed up and outer indicator lense missing on driver side. Oh and stereo has no code!

I've used this garage for 20 years or so. I rang yesterday morning for a service and mot on our 2006 V70. They said just to bring it down. My partner dropped it

about 12. they rang at 3 asking if I was picking it up! full service, mot, new rear discs and pads and they were busy welding the exhaust as the receptionist was talking to me. There's a few garages could take a lesson from that. If I have issues with my van they drop everything to get it sorted. It's like a formula one pit crew watching them.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Automotive-Repair-Shop/Barrington-MOT-Centre-657190807717963/

It's worth having a look through their page at some of the stuff they do. There's a defender with the 'dreaded disease'.

£300 damage for a years motoring's not too bad. Cycling with my son 15 miles for it this morning.

Two, maybe even three times a year at The Guardian, an editor falls asleep at the wheel and a warm hearted story somehow slips through to publication.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/feb/23/400-toilet-rolls-how-feels-win-lifetime-supply

Two, maybe even three times a year at The Guardian, an editor falls asleep at the wheel and a warm hearted story somehow slips through to publication.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/feb/23/400-toilet-rolls-how-feels-win-lifetime-supply

What would you do with a lifetime's supply of loo rolls?