What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Bought one of those this morning, with the multi pack and two additional sanding and cutting packs. I’ve not opened it yet.

Here it ispost-8687-0-66674200-1548590993_thumb.jpeg

I’ve still not used it as I’m reading the instructions, but it seems very sturdy. The rotary tool £16.99, large accessory box £12.99 and £4 for the two additional packs ( which I probably didn’t need but it’s probably good to have spares.

Scene: Filling Station in Paisley

Tracy behind the counter.

Enter customer

Customer: Aw right, Tracy, ya fuckin tart? Wher ye been? No seen ye in ages, thank fuck.

Tracy:Oan holiday ya div. Ah tellt ye.

Customer: Wher wur ye?

Tracy:India.

Customer:Fuck you, then. Geez a packet o papers and twinty Pall Mall.

Here it isattachicon.gifB50A4604-F68B-4E40-924B-323051FD3E06.jpeg

I’ve still not used it as I’m reading the instructions, but it seems very sturdy. The rotary tool £16.99, large accessory box £12.99 and £4 for the two additional packs ( which I probably didn’t need but it’s probably good to have spares.

I tried reading the instructions for the Dremel.  Waste of time, completely hopeless.

I had to resort to a YouTube video - and a very good one too - before I realised there was a fault with the collet :(

I already had a cheap knock-off kit (Prinze?) with no real problems but clunky.  Passed that on to one of my grandsons.

Car insurance renewals time!

Amy's has gone up to £38 month from £35, that's fine.

Mine came through this morning, £55ish to £95! Phoned them up and no movement... So a quick uswitch and go compare later and I'm now with Debenhams for £54 a month! With both speeding convictions declared.

Amy's been with Debenhams for the last year and although we haven't claimed (and I doubt I would over the 406 anyway) and they've been fine!

Allegro were great cars, where BL went wrong was in the styling department. Look at the coke bottle cortina, 50s tech underneath but looked the part. And which would you want to see your dad turn up in in the 70s? The design department of BL was what killed it off in the end.

I think the styling was compromised because of BL using common parts - the tall E-series and the bulky heater from other BL models compromised Harris Mann's quite sharp original design. This particular mock up was almost GS like

post-24583-0-02801500-1548596912_thumb.jpeg

A well put together Allegro is not a bad car to drive either.

I think the styling was compromised because of BL using common parts - the tall E-series and the bulky heater from other BL models compromised Harris Mann's quite sharp original design. This particular mock up was almost GS like

attachicon.gifallegro prototype.jpeg

A well put together Allegro is not a bad car to drive either.

The Maxi has a lot to answer for in the Allegro's styling. Having created a brand new factory at Cofton Hackett to build E-series engines, they weren't making enough Maxis to put them in so the Allegro ended up with the E-series as well. Being OHC and gearbox-in-sump it's a big tall lump and completely ruined the proportions. The strange thing is, from the A-pillar back the Alfasud looks very similar to the Allegro yet no one ever criticises its styling. Alfasud - like an Allegro but with more rust and added Italian, yet somehow considered a better car.

The Maxi has a lot to answer for in the Allegro's styling. Having created a brand new factory at Cofton Hackett to build E-series engines, they weren't making enough Maxis to put them in so the Allegro ended up with the E-series as well. Being OHC and gearbox-in-sump it's a big tall lump and completely ruined the proportions. The strange thing is, from the A-pillar back the Alfasud looks very similar to the Allegro yet no one ever criticises its styling. Alfasud - like an Allegro but with more rust and added Italian, yet somehow considered a better car.

As someone with a soft spot for Allegro’s, even I can’t claim that it comes close to this:post-19712-0-74446900-1548603382_thumb.png

Here it isattachicon.gifB50A4604-F68B-4E40-924B-323051FD3E06.jpeg

After I purchased the Parkside welder I now found I need a cordless drill.

Nothing on the Spanish Lidl website but looking around on Amazon found that Parkside tools are made by various manufactures and one can purchase the same tools with different covers on eBay and Amazon.

Like this one.

This little contraption works really well.

attachicon.gifIMG_20190126_125840_902.jpg

Double grin because whatever was clogging up the carburetor on the pressure washer and making it hunt really badly appears to have cleared.

attachicon.gif20190126_201044.jpg

Now the concrete is beginning to dry it looks really good. Been meaning to do that since we moved into this place...

Phil

Now you've got it clean if it starts to build up again try wet n forget , I bought some because our patio gets algae on it , I usually spent a few hours jetwashing it but tried this and to my astonishment it worked , just dissolved it

Having a bit of a tidy up/clear out and I found my old IBM ThinkPad laptop, plugged it in and it still works happily running Windows XP. Tons of floppy disks too.

No idea at all what to do with it as it is just not required but a nice rediscovery. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F202575150983

a43ef045a21981dd3ab19be4a2c7481c.jpg

Just makes me smile that there are still things like this Focus estate still going, the perfect car for not giving a toss about denting it or the interior being treated like a skip. Run it into the ground, rinse and repeat. This would be on my list for sure.

Having a bit of a tidy up/clear out and I found my old IBM ThinkPad laptop, plugged it in and it still works happily running Windows XP. Tons of floppy disks too.

No idea at all what to do with it as it is just not required but a nice rediscovery.

Yey! T20 or t40 series? XP is still useable, you just need the right browser! Or as said, retro gaming!

Got pictures? nothing beats an old thinkpad :)

or better yet some CPU-Z shots?  :mrgreen: