What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I purchased my 2nd fine steed from Chrisjvm of this parish a couple of weeks ago

Weekend tinkering new discs and pads all round. Mot passed with flying colours, boat pushed out and a couple of replacement tyres on the front.

A well sorted Saab 9-3 floppy top 1.8t. 150bhp

However 30min trip to Long Eaton and 20min tinker in a garage now 225bhpattachicon.gifIMG_20190125_0930537.jpg

Aaah, been to see the wizard and all round nice guy that is Karl then. Good work.

can anyone suggest if it is wise to look at a noobtune on a saab 9-3 1.8t auto with almost 160k miles?

I like the car, but concerned that its no spring chicken and a remap, especially one giving it 50% more power may well cause lots of things to break expensively?

its been well maintained, has recent brakes, TF was replaced 20k ago, good tyres etc, but is on its original turbo.

Non-grumpy event today: Had what was supposed to be a 30-minute phone interview for a new job. Ended up on the phone for 50 minutes, great conversation, and it sounds very much like I'll be getting a callback for face-to-face interview.

Both want and need this.

Got up early (for me) drove to Lidl and purchased one of these.

post-26181-0-56149700-1548436231_thumb.png

Had a SIP Migmate for years, but it now needs new electronics and installation/repair work is far too outside my knowledge.

So a cheap replacement. I have never seen that many males without wives in that shop before. :mrgreen:

Typical flux welder it is a bit dirty but seeing as obtaining gas in this part of Spain means a lot of costs to send by courier or very expensive contracts this is the way for me to go.

this, as seen on the TV series Sex Education (episode 3)

attachicon.gifScreenshot.jpg

Should add the series in not bad either.

It's a bit bizarre, when it started I thought US high school , then a saw an A reg cavalier and a coat I owned in the 80s so t I thought UK in the 80s then somebody pulled a smartphone out and I was lost

Bloody foreignerspost-20755-0-56331200-1548440441_thumb.jpg

I’m reading Tim Moore’s latest travel book at the moment - trumpland in a model T Ford.

Only a few pages in, but lots of Ford history so far, including why we have an 8 hour working day. It wasn’t standard practice until ford introduced a three shift pattern.

Local council tried to replace Stasi-monitored 1hour free parking in the main town in the borough with RingGo. Town mainly frequented by giffers and people that aren't tech savvy. Probably don't even have smartphones.

With it they halved the time you could park for free, down to half an hour, and charged for more. App needed for free parking.

They might as well have cut the town's air supply off as it was universally rejected, kicked all the local business in the teeth and people just stopped going there, etc etc. So much confusion the council keep cancelling parking fines.

Less than 2 months in and the system has been suspended and is under review.

If it ain't broke...

Sorry. There won't be one on the ZX. Makes a brief cameo in tomorrow's video, (well, two actually) but has a few jobs needed before it's camera ready. There will be a video coming on his absolutely hanging C15 van though.

Shame and pleased. I also read your comments about your loss and how it may affect your work for a while.

I don't have the right words for a forum. I think you know that you have thoughts of support from all of us.

Local council tried to replace Stasi-monitored 1hour free parking in the main town in the borough with RingGo. Town mainly frequented by giffers and people that aren't tech savvy. Probably don't even have smartphones.

With it they halved the time you could park for free, down to half an hour, and charged for more. App needed for free parking.

They might as well have cut the town's air supply off as it was universally rejected, kicked all the local business in the teeth and people just stopped going there, etc etc. So much confusion the council keep cancelling parking fines.

Less than 2 months in and the system has been suspended and is under review.

If it ain't broke...

Absolutely right, you can't force people to use a smartphone and an app.

However most of the RingGo schemes I've used were a number on the side of a traditional Pay and Display box, which even the most gifferish giffer should be able to fathom. Was it not the case there? Even Milton Keynes who are the first to adopt "we're doing it this way and you can shut up" still have a facility to put metal currency into a machine in exchange for parking.

As long as the pay and display meters take card. Cash only machines are stupid.
And while you're putting a machine in you might as well print a number on the side for use RingGo. I prefer it as you can pay for an hour or whatever upfront and then keep adding it on as you need to, if you're not sure how long you'll be.

I agree there's no reason to only accept app-based stuff though.

As long as the pay and display meters take card. Cash only machines are stupid.

And while you're putting a machine in you might as well print a number on the side for use RingGo. I prefer it as you can pay for an hour or whatever upfront and then keep adding it on as you need to, if you're not sure how long you'll be.

I agree there's no reason to only accept app-based stuff though.

We went to Bournemouth last year and the parking meter was supposed accept cards, but wouldn't. So I had to find 15 quid in pound coins which was a joke as none of the shops would give change. The bloke checking tickets in the car park was ok though and said they had no end of problems with the machines and he would give me half an hour to find some change.