What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

No, it's Alexa, that's it's call word.

But yes, you can do that. You can tell the speaker which room it's in, then tell Alexa to play music in the living room.

It's pretty good actually. You can train it to your voice so it knows who's speaking; you can also have it so it'll only work if you tell it please...

Phil

I think you can change it to "computer" so you can pretend you're in a 70s sci fi film.

Lady Grumpius text me when I was in London saying that there were kids going around our neighbourhood, egging front doors.  Quite a few of us have pictures and there was apparently plenty of activity in the local Facebook group, with a lot of people complaining.  My house was one of them - but she cleaned it up.

About half an hour later, the mother of one of the boys involved (after the pictures were posted) put up a message asking for the addresses so that her son could go and clean up what he and his mates had done.

Bah they should do the test again with the Twizzy up against an invacar in reverse, would love to see the look on the guys face as it hurtles down the road at full speed  :mrgreen:

Maybe a copy of this?

https://youtu.be/dUOFY_9PcC8?t=147

I have been doing up old science equipment and donating it to local schools for a while and got a skeleton with two broken legs and broken shoulder joint given to me to repair. I was driving the MGB GT at the time so,put it in the passenger seat. I got so many funny looks I was tempted to buy one and put it there for a laugh now and again. I also carried a Reuben’s tube in the MX5 with the roof down, it’s a six foot long aluminium tube with a handle at each end. That got some really weird looks too.

Had to look up what a Reuben’s tube is. :-(

Train conductor just came past to check tickets. I'm annoyed that the kids have been running up and down the carriage but as he walked up...

'Tickets, rail cards and good excuses please...'

That did raise a chuckle.

That reminds me of a journey to work once. The guard walked into the garage where he was met with a groan as everyone started fumbling for their tickets.

"I'm not checking tickets, the sun is shining - let's all just have a nice day. Anyone know the cricket scores?"

Put me in a good mood for the rest of the day, and obviously made an impression if I can still remember it.

Got one today, how did you find setting it up? Mine's been a complete bastard as can't connect to emails etc :(

Ignore all the Huawei software... I stripped mine from it all and it did improve things, but does involve adb commands so maybe don't do that!

Put the app drawer back, then install Gmail, sorted! Or there's a mail app on there already