What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Servicing a bbu yesterday and the tennant traded in and built retro electronics. Does a lot for musicians. He reckoned one of the items there cost as much as a house back in the 80's. Canny fellow with dreads and a unique dress sense.c305f8150b2ad70b239ba7d03041086c.jpgde25e793256e239e2cc7bd49b3511db0.jpg9442eccf4c10850ca54d425ac621752b.jpgb67ec10f515bfd174227df06fd8421d7.jpg36ad3af1ff8c3acb45fa66ced1dff96a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What’s a bbu?

What a handsome happy looking chap. I miss having an hound about the place. Sadly don't have the time to commit to one. Wonder if the wife can claim maternity I can claim paternity leave if I buy a puppy.......

FTFY, who wants to miss out on puppytime after all?

You really can't beat Costco customer service , I bought a TV from them July 2016 , it's still useable but has developed a fault, vertical banding but only in certain lighting , most of the time it's OK , I rang them, they asked to see some pictures which i sent, 3 days later, they decided it was beyond economical repair so take it back for a full refund, buy something else and your 5 year guarantee starts again.

If only it was like when your car gets written off and they sell it back to you for 10%

I do have friendly neighbours and friends, but I don't want to ask for help. Yes,  I am a funny bugger and don't like asking for help - give it freely, not so good at asking for it. It is well known that I am a miserable old cripple but I do not like playing on it or appearing weaker than I am. Must be a 'macho' pride bullshit thing!

STOP BEING A PRAT AND ACCEPT A BIT OF HELP!

I do have friendly neighbours and friends, but I don't want to ask for help. Yes,  I am a funny bugger and don't like asking for help - give it freely, not so good at asking for it. It is well known that I am a miserable old cripple but I do not like playing on it or appearing weaker than I am. Must be a 'macho' pride bullshit thing!

I’ve just posted a card to an old 2cver friend in Torquay. Homecombe house if you know it, I’m sure she’d be willing to help if she can.

With all the modern Internet and virtual reality games available, it's fun to get the kids involved in some thought games on a 20MHz 386 computer from 1993, with 640x480 graphics in 256 fantastic colors*

post-5454-0-05886100-1545172878_thumb.jpg

Remember playing Lemmings? Good fun game. Makes you think, too.

Phil

* Remember also when a 17" screen was considered big? Also when the screen was deeper than it was wide?!

With all the modern Internet and virtual reality games available, it's fun to get the kids involved in some thought games on a 20MHz 386 computer from 1993, with 640x480 graphics in 256 fantastic colors*

20181218_163755.jpg

Remember playing Lemmings? Good fun game. Makes you think, too.

Phil

* Remember also when a 17" screen was considered big? Also when the screen was deeper than it was wide?!

Seeing that on a PC rather than Amiga or Archimedes is just strange...

Day on my own. So fire, food, TV.

Possibly beer shortly.

And yes, we have rising damp in the fireplace. Which buggers any coating I put on the bricks to hide, but fuck it.

I'm not pulling bricks and tiles out to put a membrane in.c946df1c86e7600dbd4fcc8630ce1e6c.jpg

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Toolstation do a brilliant damp proof stuff in a tube for anormal pumpy gun thing. I used it on my mums garage when she was having issues and it worked a treat. You just drill a few holes and pump it in then it creeps through the bricks amazingly well and seals them. It was about £10-12 a tube but two tubes did half a normal sized garage.

Toolstation do a brilliant damp proof stuff in a tube for anormal pumpy gun thing. I used it on my mums garage when she was having issues and it worked a treat. You just drill a few holes and pump it in then it creeps through the bricks amazingly well and seals them. It was about £10-12 a tube but two tubes did half a normal sized garage.

It's worth a punt. It was fireboarded and painted, but so much salt built up it ruined the boards. Hence why it's currently unlined and looking a bit worse for wear.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk