What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

It is now 10:30 in the morning and apart from te odd foray outside for a wee, both dogs are still under the duvet with me! They have changed sides though and I now have the 'bum' end of both rather than the more acceptable 'licky' end, but they have kept me warm all night.

It is absolutely pissing down and there is shopping I need (Jumbones for one - angry and hungry dogs sleeping under my duvet may not be a happy experience!) and I still have no transport. Do I wait until it's raining less and try to fix one of the cars or get a taxi a couple of miles, or admit to one of my friends that I am a pathetic arse and beg for a lift?

Decisions must be made!

Lickey End?

Between Bromsgrove and Longbridge ?

At my Dads, with my Sisters and Step-sister and brother rooting through a packed and well filled drinks cabinet with full bottles of the usual suspects at the front, but a lot of bottles of 'I don't know what' at the back...

One of the bottles at the back of the cabinet was 'Lovage - 5.3% vol' which according to the label needs brandy for it to be okey dokey...

I then find a quarter of a bottle of Tesco Napoleon Brandy at the back of the cabinet...

Lovage and Brandy is for WINNAZ!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D ..........

Receiving this picture of my scuffy Suzuki,

It's been on a driveway in east London

Somewhere whilst I did work on a person's sj who's got health problems. His was stored there before so a switch of vehicles whilst I worked on his made sense. Sadly the quick turn around on his sj has turned into a year waiting for a part. In that year my sj has attracted some unwanted interest from undesirable people and it became a concern that it may end up going missing or being vandalised.

I asked a mate if he could help me and today he went and collected it and has taken it to some secure storage near him.

It seems it's been damaged by local youths and the keys lost so he cut the steering but it's safe now.

The guys a Legend.

post-20365-0-12920300-1544975914_thumb.jpg

I was idly thinking earlier that the overcoat I wear to work in winter is looking a bit threadbare, and with the pockets now worn into holes, I probably ought to be thinking about a replacement. It was just a cheap thing out of Next and I've been wearing it for ten years, so there's no sin for it (as my grandmother would have said).

I followed MrsDC into some hellish vintage-retro-steampunk store in Belfast earlier on, the sort I used to frequent myself back in the day but have eschewed for many a long year because they became infested with naught but modern retro-flavoured tat, at eye-watering prices.

I left with an original, hand-stitched Crombie overcoat in nearly new condition (one loose button).

For £3.

THREE POUNDS, PEOPLE.

FOR A CROMBIE.

I'm in shock. In a good way.

Looking at winter approaching...… searching Granvias - as I've always wanted one. Couple look likely. Not quick responses though.  Did the sensible thing - bought a 2seater mid engine future track toy...…. Merry fucking Xmas me! Kollekshuns from your side of the water at the weekend...……

Courier turned up when he said he would, did not complain about my track, loaded 5 wheels and a Vauxhall engine in and still smiling. Reckoned wheels would be at destination (Preston) later today and engine in Bristol Wednesday. This guy mostly transports antiques, so is very careful, and will happily take fragile stuff like body panels or glass. Based in NE Scotland but covers the country, happy to pass on details.

So rare to be grinning about a courier!

got up this morning and no ice on the car ....  took the slow but sure way in to work ...

I get up late on Tuesday ......  so no ice to scrape off the car .....  idle in on the mid day roads to work

I get up on Wednesday and walk into the unit kitchen and make a cuppa ...  again no  ice worries with the car

come home at 1pm   ... thats it till the New Year ....    

result !

irish friend went to buy a *car

it was in northern scotland apparently :D

then he sent me this

he said it was cheap but its gonna cost him the boat vrt (680) minimum

then 515 € to tax it

doesnt seem cheap to me :D

HeftyBoringAdder-max-1mb.gif

Especially as I saw not that long ago a tin-top with a buggered 1.6 auto for a mere 400 yoyos locally. Fortunately the driveway is full already.