What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

It's the works Christmas paaaaarrrrrtttttyyyyy tonight.

The grin is I'm nowhere fucking close to it, I'm sat at home on me lonesome with a cat on my lap and Autoshite by my side.

Lol snap, but I don't have a cat.

There is no way in hell I'd spend my free time with the cunts I have to suffer every day at work either.

Just been to my local 'spoons. One of the local engineering companies is having their piss up there. Fair play, they have warned them and for once 'spoons management have put on extra staff. The management are buying the drinks , using the 'spoons app.

So whilst the place is packed getting served wasn't a problem. Bet next Friday is different.

Went to copart to check over a prospective auction buy, guy who takes you round the yard turned up in the shittiest battered Megane I've ever seen, I jumped in and the dash display reads " Low oil pressure" I comment on it's shitness and ask isn't there anything better amongst the 1000 odd cars in the yard, apparently the heater in this is the best of all cars there, was quite toasty  though !

I will be bidding come Tuesday so wish me luck!

post-5335-0-53125800-1544821995_thumb.jpg

Just been sent this picture of the carburettor I sent to a good friend to rebuild to replace the recalcitrant one on the car.  It was mostly a blob of oil and aluminium oxide when I sent it to him, presumably untouched since it was made in 1979 and now look at it!  He's just waiting on a couple of parts arriving in the post and then I'll be toddling over to the County That Shall Not Be Named so we can fit it and get it set up.  Bit of a trek, but less anxiety-inducing than trusting the nearly-Christmas post not to lose the carburettor on its return journey to me.

Had a bad couple of days (back and heavy battery - argument) and so have been relatively quiet, the fact that neither car outside has a battery fitted and though they are both charged, I ain't trying to lift either, so carless, Now lying on the floor (I like the floor, it's really comfortable) with laptop and duvet over me. The grin is that I have a lovely warm dog under the duvet with me, one either side :)  Both snoring happily.

People who put "no dreamers" in car adverts.

Yes, I do actually dream of owning a leggy Audi A4 diesel "RS4 Rep" with holes chopped in the interior for extra banging choons and spurious extra badges. Sitting on cheap, saggy lowering springs and rattle can painted alloys dressed in ditch finders.

Unfortunately I can only imagine how better my life would be if I had the £1995 you want for it.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

^^^^ gives me a warm glow when designers actually think about us poor mechanics for once . Some tractors used to have a notch in the fan cowl to allow the belts to slip through without any dismantling.

Doesn’t happen much on modern cars mind.

Toyota Hilux’s have a flat machined on the inside face of the rear hubs so you can slip the brake shoes / springs through in one unit for replacement.

It is now 10:30 in the morning and apart from te odd foray outside for a wee, both dogs are still under the duvet with me! They have changed sides though and I now have the 'bum' end of both rather than the more acceptable 'licky' end, but they have kept me warm all night.

It is absolutely pissing down and there is shopping I need (Jumbones for one - angry and hungry dogs sleeping under my duvet may not be a happy experience!) and I still have no transport. Do I wait until it's raining less and try to fix one of the cars or get a taxi a couple of miles, or admit to one of my friends that  I am a pathetic arse and beg for a lift?

Decisions must be made!

I do have friendly neighbours and friends, but I don't want to ask for help. Yes,  I am a funny bugger and don't like asking for help - give it freely, not so good at asking for it. It is well known that I am a miserable old cripple but I do not like playing on it or appearing weaker than I am. Must be a 'macho' pride bullshit thing!

I do have friendly neighbours and friends, but I don't want to ask for help. Yes, I am a funny bugger and don't like asking for help - give it freely, not so good at asking for it. It is well known that I am a miserable old cripple but I do not like playing on it or appearing weaker than I am. Must be a 'macho' pride bullshit thing!

I'm the same, probably why I've got a ruined back.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

I do have friendly neighbours and friends, but I don't want to ask for help. Yes,  I am a funny bugger and don't like asking for help - give it freely, not so good at asking for it. It is well known that I am a miserable old cripple but I do not like playing on it or appearing weaker than I am. Must be a 'macho' pride bullshit thing!

Same here..... but if it meant being mobile or being eaten by mans best friend I'd probably swallow my pride just this once

It is now 10:30 in the morning and apart from te odd foray outside for a wee, both dogs are still under the duvet with me! They have changed sides though and I now have the 'bum' end of both rather than the more acceptable 'licky' end, but they have kept me warm all night.

It is absolutely pissing down and there is shopping I need (Jumbones for one - angry and hungry dogs sleeping under my duvet may not be a happy experience!) and I still have no transport. Do I wait until it's raining less and try to fix one of the cars or get a taxi a couple of miles, or admit to one of my friends that I am a pathetic arse and beg for a lift?

Decisions must be made!

Order on line get it delivered.

I won a set of Peugeot 206 steel wheels on eBay for 99p,they're to put on the Puma I'm breaking,to keep it mobile.

I thought the seller might try to get out of it,but turned up to collect them & he'd left them outside for me,complete with 4 completely knackered wheel trims  :-D