What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Got to be a fellow Sheffielder as they are definitely Vic Hallam houses. Grew up in one on the Scowerdons. Just an empty field now where ours was.

Aberdeen actually.

The houses are a little more interesting than those but presumably from the same time period, mine was built in 1970.

The original tennant bought it off the council in 2006 and lived here until he died earlier this year.

For some reason this popped up on youtube. I haven't seen this since I was a kid. I remember watching this on TV in Germany. 

Lovely to see it again :) It makes me smile but also a little sad as my sister, mum and dad pee'd themselves laughing at this. Sadly all three are now gone. Damn :(

Yay for Miss Sophie and James.

For some reason this popped up on youtube. I haven't seen this since I was a kid. I remember watching this on TV in Germany.

Lovely to see it again :)

Yay for Miss Sophie and James.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVd_VLO9xcc

Weirdly hardly anyone in the uk has seen it, but it’s the most popular thing at Christmas on tv in Germany. I’ve only heard of it through a Paul Merton series on black and white films.

Yes, it is hugely popular in Germany around Christmas, or was anyhow.

It’s still going strong - although it’s New Year rather than Christmas.

For Christmas it’s Drei Nüsse für Aschenbrödel, a rather camp Czech Cinderella film from the early 1970s. It’s sort of equivalent to the Sound of Music only not a musical, and without any Nazis for obvious reasons.

Was cut up yesterday by a Peugeot 307 with the number plate EN15 FCE.

It looked like Penis face. I lol’d.

I was also overtaken by a Mazda Xedos 9 yesterday which must have been the first one I have seen since 1998. Made me wonder where all the Xedos 6’s went too...

Anyway in other news....

Three of the Leon’s doors had stopped opening on the remote. It wasn’t an issue if it was just me as I could access the car with the key, but if I had passengers it wasn’t very convenient having to reach back to open one of the back doors from the inside. Plus if you can’t open the doors from the outside, it’s an MOT fail.

Some research suggested it was the actuators in the doors that were playing up. Replacement is fiddly and I couldn’t be arsed with all that. But then I stumbled across this vid

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qWYkjlcR1Ws

Drill a small hole in the actuator? Fill it with WD40? I was somewhat cynical but it only bloody worked!. All it cost me was the skin on three knuckles grappling with brittle sharp edged trim, the lugs of which are now greased up to make future removal easier.

Super cheap quick fix but Christ my hands hurt now!

I actually do have a set of those so didn’t do any damage to the trim. I know what you mean though.

Surprised he didn’t suggest lubing the clips to make future removal easier because this fix isnt a permanent one so the trim will be coming off again in a few months. Nothing worse than pulling at a ten year old piece of plastic, undisturbed since leaving the factory and wondering if the clip will yield or snap as you remove it