What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Put a cheeky bid on a nice (in my eyes) looking old clock on eBay a few days ago. Nice big slab of brass, sort of Art Deco inspired. Just got the notification I've won it for the starting bid.

Assuming it actually appears and doesn't "get lost" somewhere between the seller and post office, I'll call that a bargain.

Didn't the opening credits of his sketch show have bonus shite content? His 'handsome alter ego' drives an XJS if I remember correctly.

Wasn't that his character Bobby 'sleeping in me Jag/tablets for me nerves/top warm up man' Chariot?

The thing is he's from Bootle, brought up by paid up members of the communist party, studied art at Southport Tech and didn't learn to drive until he was over 40, Because it was too scary.

I've always bin a fan.

So when he sang 'Ullo John! Gotta New Motor?' he couldn't drive?!?

Didn't the opening credits of his sketch show have bonus shite content? His 'handsome alter ego' drives an XJS if I remember correctly.

With a TWR bodykit! I seem to recall you couldn't open the boot with the radio on (the electric aerial goes through a hole in the spoiler). I always enjoyed watching him run down Leslie Crowther on his moped.

If for some reason you've completely missed the antics of Cold War Motors, then might I suggest starting with their recent Spliceathon series where they effectively save several hopeless old heaps by combining them into one.

Part 1 of this series is here:

Just sold our camper trailer to a pleasant bloke for more than i paid for it five years ago.  Put it on Craigslist on Wednesday, had a deluge of enquiries but he was first to view, paid the asking in cash with no problems.

Happy and quite surprised to be honest.