What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Just had some friends come round, bit embarrassing really as sat in my tracky bottoms, teeth out (I did mention when I was ill last year all my teeth fell out?) and cuddled up with the dogs under a duvet!

But, they brought me a book and the best card of ever!

post-17745-0-17638800-1540933132_thumb.jpg

post-17745-0-41004000-1540933150_thumb.jpg

post-17745-0-82922400-1540933171_thumb.jpg

Meg and Harry in NZ. 

BMW lovers---- Why are they being carted about in an old 750Li (old = 2012) ? The govt has a fleet of newish 2016 ones, surely they are much, much betterer and cheaperer to run because diesel powered.

THE TRUTH---- The old one weighs 1500 + kg more than "factory" and notice the huge run-flat tyres it has. Oh and it has very thick glass.

Made me grin.

While between jobs i have been looking for a suitable vehicle for use as a daily ''to and fro'' work hack for when i get my lazy arse back into work mode.

I have been seriously considering a cheap BX diesel on Gumtree that needs a headgasket.

Then i did a total about turn a bought a slightly broken 1300cc turbo engined automatic 5 door that was made in Japan.

I am having post purchase regrets already and it's not getting dropped off till Friday.

Swapping the old backbox off my 416GTi for a sixth alloy wheel with another GTi apologist - he currently has two of the 27 416GTis on the road. Saves me a wheel refurb as one of mine has a massive scratch across it. He sent me a picture and it has a brand new Pirelli on it :shock:

Also, a fella messaged me off the R8 enthusiast page on Facebook and offered me £400 for the GSi, he used actual words, has been vouched for by the guy I mentioned before, asked all the right questions etc. Nice easy sale then, and it's going to an enthusiast as I was hoping.

He also has an 825 Sterling :grin:

All this means I'm now in the market for a '90 Honda Civic or similar, to make into a low tax band go kart!

While between jobs i have been looking for a suitable vehicle for use as a daily ''to and fro'' work hack for when i get my lazy arse back into work mode.

I have been seriously considering a cheap BX diesel on Gumtree that needs a headgasket.

Then i did a total about turn a bought a slightly broken 1300cc turbo engined automatic 5 door that was made in Japan.

I am having post purchase regrets already and it's not getting dropped off till Friday.

YRV, one assumes?  Is it bright yellow with massive TURBO graphics like it's 1988 again?

The cool kids are currently putting those engines in manual Sirions, after they buy a YRV cheap with a shagged autobox.

There's a purple Mira in Aus with one modified a bit putting out around 200hp

Google K3-VET conversion, swap, broken gearbox for info.

edit: If you do end up fixing it give me a shout when you want to sell it. I've not had a Daiihatsu over 998cc before.

When I had the Kenari I did briefly contemplate the possibility of shoehorning a YRV Turbo engine into that.  Then I decided that it would probably result in me dying a horrible fiery death.

Ha.. My fitting the BarrieMobile fartter, onto the Carina II, is now so 'boy racer/embarrassing' I'm using less than 1500RPM + cruising @25.

Total Winnah for mpg & waving your [or mine..] cock at Camera vans :)

The Elk test wtf? They run over an elk to see how well the car handles it?

Good God No, they get the elk to drive it and see if it will swerve around a pedestrian, without hitting it or overturning the car. Most elks just make a break for it and pinch the car.