What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I've been listing a load of stuff from my mum's house on ebay.... books, china, soft toys - anything that I reckon has collector value.

I got a bit bored and silly when I was listing a set of my old kids books from the early 80s, and wrote a "funny" listing.

One of my mates spots it, posts the link to facebook with a "lol look at this tool" sort of thing.

Got home, there's 131 views (most of the other books have less than 5) and someone has bid them up to £7.50 so far! Hopefully the rest will go viral too, I was going to think myself lucky to get 99p for them.

I had a great day working on the car at the weekend and it made me feel like I'm making some progress on this 'learning how to fix cars' thing.

Last October it took me 2 weekends to get the drivers wing off to look at an inner wing hole, and I'd never welded a car before so didn't know where to start. A year later and on Sunday I removed the wing, welded up a small 20p sized hole (using my own mig welder), ground it back smooth, applied rust converter, red oxide primer and had the wing back on in time for a gin and tonic at sunset.

I had a great day working on the car at the weekend and it made me feel like I'm making some progress on this 'learning how to fix cars' thing.

Last October it took me 2 weekends to get the drivers wing mangled beyond repair.......

Years later I removed everything I could get my hands on, welded up a small 20p sized hole (then got fed up clearing feed jams), kicked a few things around the floor, threw a tantrum for a while and went home in time for a gin and tonic at sunset.

Fixed for my reality............... I now have lots of jealous!

The Mighty Mariners 1 - 0 Colchester

A really well won three points. We deserved the win, we had a few wobbly moments but played the better football. They seemed to try breaking too quickly and just looked to lack a little composure.

10 from 12 and 4 clean sheets!

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Not sure if I should grin about others misfortune, but just had a car dragged off for scrap, and the bloke loading it forgot to put the handbrake on/stick it in park...and it rolled forward and hit the lorry cab. Hard. Hard enough that when he adjusted the loading ramp the cab moved with it. Oh shit.

I felt bad but I genuinely can't do anything about it. And it wasn't my fault for once.

Not sure if I should grin about others misfortune, but just had a car dragged off for scrap, and the bloke loading it forgot to put the handbrake on/stick it in park...and it rolled forward and hit the lorry cab. Hard. Hard enough that when he adjusted the loading ramp the cab moved with it. Oh shit.

I felt bad but I genuinely can't do anything about it. And it wasn't my fault for once.

I had similar when the blue laguna was collected, I'd had the bumper off to get the headlight washers out and just sort of rested it back on, thinking it would be stuck on a loader... Nope, he a-framed it back to thame up the M40... I kept an eye on the traffic for the next hour anticipating an accident, clutching my signed and timed receipt closely!

Just made a Nigel slater recipe with my late grandmother’s recipe for shortcrust pastry. Not used this before- she didn’t tell me, but my grandfather emailed me earlier in the year before he died.

Should anyone be interested it’s very simple - 8oz flour, 2oz lard, 2oz butter, 1pinch salt and 1 egg, leave to rest for 30mins. He said she’d told him it was her grandmother’s recipe which would put it into the mid 1850s.