What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Work today

Harry's owner had forgotten I was delivering hay & shavings,& had left him out in the field that I need to drive through to get to the stables.He kept trying to reach into the van to get some hay,& grabbed some when I was wheeling it past  :-D

QztMZNW.jpg

v68MLnZ.jpg

mwzN225.jpg

Beware the intelligent horse.  :mrgreen:

Caught an episode of Minder yesterday morning as had the day off work. Was one of the best episodes I've seen in a very long time. The storyline was a property developer trying to scare a bomb site car dealer (not Arthur) off his lot, and there was a side story about a deal including a hearse and two limousines.

The highlights were so many, I'll just do a list of the best:

• June Whitfield played a randy widow undertaker who possibly seduced Arthur and was eyeing up Chisholm by the end of the episode - her pick-up line was 'you're the splitting image of my late husband'
  • The bomb site car dealer's name was Wally West
  • Wally's stock included a Sherpa pick-up and a dodgy looking series 1 Jag as the 'car of the week'
  • The phrase 'there's a drink in it for both of us' was used by Wally about the hearse deal (selling low from a retired undertaker and high to June Whitfield)
  • The two Daimler DS420 limousines were referred to as 'widow wagons'
  • Jimmy Nail played a fair-minded gypsy driving an early 60s Jensen CV8
  • Ray Winstone (running a crappy bodyshop) bodged a Datsun Bluebird so badly a customer complained about grass growing in the wing 
  • Chisholm drove a doom blue Solara

Its definitely worth catching on the ITV hub, episode was called 'Car Lot Baggers' I think.

Caught an episode of Minder yesterday morning as had the day off work. Was one of the best episodes I've seen in a very long time. The storyline was a property developer trying to scare a bomb site car dealer (not Arthur) off his lot, and there was a side story about a deal including a hearse and two limousines.

The highlights were so many, I'll just do a list of the best:

• June Whitfield played a randy widow undertaker who possibly seduced Arthur and was eyeing up Chisholm by the end of the episode - her pick-up line was 'you're the splitting image of my late husband'
  • The bomb site car dealer's name was Wally West
  • Wally's stock included a Sherpa pick-up and a dodgy looking series 1 Jag as the 'car of the week'
  • The phrase 'there's a drink in it for both of us' was used by Wally about the hearse deal (selling low from a retired undertaker and high to June Whitfield)
  • The two Daimler DS420 limousines were referred to as 'widow wagons'
  • Jimmy Nail played a fair-minded gypsy driving an early 60s Jensen CV8
  • Ray Winstone (running a crappy bodyshop) bodged a Datsun Bluebird so badly a customer complained about grass growing in the wing 
  • Chisholm drove a doom blue Solara

Its definitely worth catching on the ITV hub, episode was called 'Car Lot Baggers' I think.

I've been off for 2 weeks and have another 2 to go so am loving Minder , also Lovejoy has a fair bit of chod and bonus totty 

Some sort of Peter Stringfellow wannabe looking old boy in a new type Mustang convertible pulled up next to me in my Transit this morning at the lights. I wellied it off the line and he had to go much quicker than he must have planned to get past me. 

Obvs. like he destroyed me and his car sounded ace, but for a fleeting moment it was very funny to me.

Whereas here, in the cold, I made a condnsing coil and managed to make some heavy oil which boiled and then caught alight and some flammable liquid. Looked like petrol, smelled like petrol, made from the plastic packaging of the copper pipe. Now to find a dead paint can and carry on...

Whereas here, in the cold, I made a condnsing coil and managed to make some heavy oil which boiled and then caught alight and some flammable liquid. Looked like petrol, smelled like petrol, made from the plastic packaging of the copper pipe. Now to find a dead paint can and carry on...

Are you saying you’ve made your own cat cracker, for homebrew petrol?

Are you saying you’ve made your own cat cracker, for homebrew petrol?

In a nutshell, yes. No catalyst yes but it's mainly based of what Jem Whatshisname did in Bang Goes the Theory. Yielded the same results although the fuel yield was probably 1% of what he got. That's mainly down to the sealing problems I've had because I'm not using a sealed cannister and relying on the pressure of the condenser to hold down an oversized lid on an undersized vessel. Still, the Weekend is young so I'll do a bit more trial and improvement this evening and then do many a research.

Not car related but my son was born yesterday morning :)

Aside from that mega grin also wanted to shout out all the maternity staff at Leeds LGI who were absolutely awesome x 1million

NHS rulez ok!

Congratulations - hopefully his name will be something suitably car focused :-)

Caught an episode of Minder...

Snap. Absolutely in love with it at the moment and I'd highly recommend that all Shiters give it a whirl. I've been recording it on the Tivo box from series 1 and sneaking in as many episodes as I can. It's full of cracking cars and most episodes are spot on and it even makes London seem worth living in (well it was the early 80s and you might gave had a fighting chance of buying a house).