What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I do not normally pay any attention to this kind of article. the info is largely out of date and irrelevant. 

BUT

http://time.com/4723114/50-worst-cars-of-all-time/

This reads like a who's who of Autoshite

fabulous

There is some wonderfully scathing writing there though the thing that amused me most was unwritten.  Think of a car that usually makes these lists and spot it hidden away behind a Lamborgini that is apparently crapper.

“Hi Parky, that company you interviewed with on Monday want you to go back in and present to their board as a final interview next week”

Shit! I mean it’s great but I haven’t presented for a while and I am already bricking myself. Haven’t seen what I need to present yet so have no idea how hard a time I am going to get on this.

Ultimately I dont work for that company so am going to struggle with some of the operational stuff (no idea how things work behind the scenes there, how could I possibly know?) but am excited and terrified in equal measure. Good though

One thing is it will be a largely field based role covering the East of England so will need better wheels.

Better job, better wheels....

Mrs P suggested a Merc on finance. I am thinking Volvo S80 Diesel Automatic. Will probably end up with whatever she wants, namely a Fiat 500 in a feminine colour.....

PBIS contacted to make arranges to swap insurance from MGF to Toledo as of 12.01am tomorrow. No quibble re: 1998cc instead of 1296cc. All in all I got a 16 quid refund which meant I had to pay just 14 quid to get it all sorted. Plus Samantha sounded lovely ;)

If I came out with £50-70k of debt and only had 16 hours a week I think I would be a bit pissed off value for money to say the least. Apprenticeship And traineeships are the way to go these days I think.

Agree totally, my son has just started his 2nd year of computer science , he only does 4 days so I don't see why a degree course takes 3 years , unless it's for the money, but universities are educational, they're not run as businesses suckering kids with barely a pass at A level into huge debt so they can get a degree

I read a few weeks ago some universities are even advertising how many 1sts they've achieved to pull more 9k money pots in to their uni

Not that I'm cynical about it at all , no jobs for 16-21 year olds any more so rather than paying them benefits we'll make them stop at school for 2 extra years if they haven't got a job , their parents can pay for that then instead of needing to be bright to go to university anyone can go so the 5k a year we would have given them to sit on their arses is now a 9k bill for them in the future

Good plan old boy , anyone for Pimms

Delivery earlier. Quite a nice yummy mummy type knocked on the door with a parcel (and was doing deliveries in a flippin' Touareg). Handed me the PDA to sign for it.

"Just use your finger in the box"

I perhaps should have waited to close the door before chortling as she went an impressive shade of red.

One thing is it will be a largely field based role covering the East of England so will need better wheels.

Better job, better wheels....

Mrs P suggested a Merc on finance. I am thinking Volvo S80 Diesel Automatic. Will probably end up with whatever she wants, namely a Fiat 500 in a feminine colour.....

Thrusting young executives in east anglia drive these.

i096635.jpg

Got an email saying my final PPI claims have come through, that's a handy £3k ish after fees :)

Convenient* that I happen to be buying car sunday... now to resist spending all the rest on an old bike too.

I just chased these as hadn't seen the cheques. Conveniently* First Direct had forgotten* to send me the final form for how I wanted paying, now I've chased that cheques should be in the post next week.

Aye & that's after they only do it postally to delay things & lost* the forms twice before processing them.

It reminds me why I stopped banking with the cunts.

They decided to send* a form to ask if I want paying into a bank, which requires loads of ID etc. Rather than just sending a cheque like everyone else does.

*not send, but sit waiting for it to be returned anyway.