What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I've been a passenger and driver of your Activa and that car has impressed me more than any other.

Nice to know that my instinct was not wrong - that they were the best thing since sliced bread. Must get a go in one....

But it's a sad state of affairs that 'some day, all cars will be made this way' is very, very far from the truth.

Ah, but is the troll aware that he has trolled you?

In my lame attempt to troll a troll it appears that I have been trolled. I have heard nothing back from this person. I assumed he just wanted to weigh it in and make a quick couple of pounds but even at £80 he is a timewaster

It must be the modern thing. These 80 tonite m8 people must just be doing it for a laugh rather than actually wanting the car for £80. Now I know. Back to just ignoring them then

It must be the modern thing. These 80 tonite m8 people must just be doing it for a laugh rather than actually wanting the car for £80. Now I know. Back to just ignoring them then

Gumtree is a pain as it says offered but when you send an offer it just sends the amount. You then look like a chunkyweasel (although offering 80 for something up for that money isn't great)

It’s vulgar and obscene to talk about money, but my missus has never really had a lot, far from it in fact.

She inherited some after the sad loss of a very very close relative, and after having been entirely snubbed by the biscuit arsed bastards in a posh London shop, she went to another just up the road and spent a truly eye watering amount on a handbag and a couple of other bits. Chuffed to bits for the girl, no one deserves it more.

Sarah Millican did a good one about this when in a posh shop she was buying something and commented how nice the wrapping was as the assistant wrapped up her item. The assistant then went on to say in a snooty voice how some people come in and buy cheap things just for the wrapping.

She came back with “well who’s doing the wrapping and who’s doing the buying?”

Haven't really done a thing to my car since before shitefest bar diesel and screenwash, so thought I'd give it a vacuum out (well, trying to), and have the steering wheel cowling off to investigate the non working horn. Must give it an oil change soon too, then a new windscreen then it's into winter shitter mode until the mot!

post-5612-0-62142200-1535200228_thumb.jpg

Haven't really done a thing to my car since before shitefest bar diesel and screenwash, so thought I'd give it a vacuum out (well, trying to), and have the steering wheel cowling off to investigate the non working horn. Must give it an oil change soon too, then a new windscreen then it's into winter shitter mode until the mot!

attachicon.gifIMG_20180825_131851.jpg

You seem taller in real life.

attachicon.gifIMG_20180825_131851.jpg

I honestly thought you would be toilet trained by now.......... live n learn

Today was quite satisfying.

Took the C5 up to chrisvjm and he made me a very nice breakfast (really appreciate that) and then took me in his C6 to The Revs to collect the E36 wagon. The Rev is a very nice chap indeed, and he undersold the car in my opinion.

Drove it back and loved it. Superb on motorways but fun on twisty bits too. I think I like it.

Get back home and the Oldsmobile buyer (from Facebook this time) is waiting with his Transit to take it away. He chats old cars with me for a little while and loves the R11. 

He tells me he is banger racing the Oldsmobile. Good. 

today I went to Liverpool , the main shopping street was busy and buzzing ...

music from bands and solo singers , balloon modellers ,  people dressed up as Transformer robots ,

I even did a good deed by showing a group of Spanish tourists the way  to Matthew street and the bus station ..... 

we even sat on a bench to eat sausage rolls and pasties .......