What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I used to work in customer collections at a large department store. One day, a scruffy-looking chap turns up close to closing time and buys an absolute metric tonne of very expensive items. He asks me if I can take it to his car on a trolley. The second we get outside, he starts looking very confused and suddenly realises that his car must be parked elsewhere. I know the shopping centre like the back of my hand and make a few suggestions, so we go around looking for it.

He then starts talking and it turns out that he's landed gentry, very wealthy and has absolutely no idea about the outside world. Nevertheless, he's a very pleasant and polite chap and we chat amenably while we're looking for his car. Twenty minutes later and in the furthest possible car park from my employer, we find it and it's a battered, pogweaseled Sierra that Borniteidentity would turn down, we load into his car and he drives off with a friendly wave and a thank you.

Get back to work, place is completely shut apart from the staff door. I've been out half an hour past closing. The next week I come in and the chap has phoned in and thanked the store. I end up with some kind of award.

My point is that sometimes the poshest people can look the scruffiest, drive the most battered chod and it can be a real surprise! He was a very nice bloke.

Of course, appearance and wealth have nothing to do with the value of a person... but I found it an interesting encounter.

I just watched an old couple trying as hard as they can to get into my work's X-Trail. She was blipping the fob, trying the doors etc at the while the Qashqai  two spaces down was winking it's hazards in time! (Not the same story I know but kinda similar).

Last week I went in a cave in a boat, it was quite boring, but whilst queuing to go into the cave I noticed this glaring mistake.

Mrs N, suggested I didn't point it out to the cave owners as " Nobody likes a smart arse and who else would care or even notice"

I told her I knew some people who would...

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Is it actually Paul Newman in the picture?

I was sitting in the radiology waiting room in a posh private hospital today, old lady sat nearby started chatting to me , what an absolute star at 95 yrs of age and didn't giveth the slightest shit  :-D  Told me LOUDLY how much a of a bastard her husband had been, her son is a shitehawk. Basically she swore like a docker for half an hour and she was absolutely lovely, I went in for my scan and the posh radiologist was horrified as the old lady she'd just had in had used THE F WORD whilst being scanned, yep the same one  :-D  

Had a grin about loading the car to take the mountain of shit I've just removed from the loft to the dump. Spent an hour telling Mrs Sills not to interfere as I was putting it in order of how the skips are laid out at the dump, because I'm all about the time saving, with lots of head shaking and tuts from her!

Until I get there to find they have moved everything around! Cunts!

The best bit, I had dropped her in town so she never knew I got it wrong and still spent 25 mins running in all directions binning stuff.

It’s vulgar and obscene to talk about money, but my missus has never really had a lot, far from it in fact.

She inherited some after the sad loss of a very very close relative, and after having been entirely snubbed by the biscuit arsed bastards in a posh London shop, she went to another just up the road and spent a truly eye watering amount on a handbag and a couple of other bits. Chuffed to bits for the girl, no one deserves it more.

How does one get snubbed whilst shopping?

One's man servant would surely have arranged a private fitting in advance?

Met the lovely Stankey today while I was working for someone else. Got back (with his TR4a chassis) and his Mrs says that I must be used to long drives so I muttered something about Dacia's from Romania. Turns out that he's a massive Hubnut fan who she can't wait to tell.

It’s vulgar and obscene to talk about money, but my missus has never really had a lot, far from it in fact.

She inherited some after the sad loss of a very very close relative, and after having been entirely snubbed by the biscuit arsed bastards in a posh London shop, she went to another just up the road and spent a truly eye watering amount on a handbag and a couple of other bits. Chuffed to bits for the girl, no one deserves it more.

But are you Richard Gere

Massive grin here, weekend at Prescott with the Saab Sonett, only timed run 1:07, minor grump of aforesaid Sonett developing a fuel leak/non running state, big grin again meeting BeEP who is storing my Sonett and biggest grin for the last 2 days which have combined good company, 33c, beer, red wine and Pimms here in France!

You'd better be making a thread on it when you get it. A few of us tramps will be right on those particular chips.

Still waiting on that particular when.

Currently Family™ and Lawyers™ are involved in a delay for Getting My Damn Money Back.

Still in the grin thread because the car is still for sale.

If that changes expect me to hand my card in and have a massive sulk and move this to the grumpy thread.

Phil

Safely back from two weeks and 2000+ miles of French holiday. Some amazing scenery, including a drive up (and down) Mont Ventoux and a brief excursion into Italy - fantastic drive along the SS25/D1006 over the mountains somewhere between Montgenevre and Turin.

Now got almost 600 car photos to sort through. Came incredibly close to achieving of my aim of stumbling across a car show.....

post-79-0-32062900-1535004982_thumb.jpg

Pleased but mildly disappointed shiter inspects the last few stragglers left there at 2pm. Apparently it was on until 12.30, which probably reinforces whatever Junkman would say about the French.

929 on the driveway when I got back also a pleasing sight.

Wife has texted me to say the microwave has just set fire to itself about 10 seconds into making popcorn. She told me six months ago I was imagining things when I could hear the magnetron making weird noises when plugged in and not in use and said it was going to die but she has helpfully removed that problem from the equation.

Victory!

Although I now need a new microwave...